Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 00:21
You all might know this but I thaught I would post it here just incase! I joined a dark basic group on yahoo, It is run by a guy named Jonathan S. Harbour. He wrote a book in the game development series called visual basic game programming with directX and from some posts he put up there he will have a book comming out around Jan 3, 2003 about programming with DB starting from scratch and working up to building a full game from scratch with DBPro. The post said it will be around 1000 pages. I think the post said it would be around $41.00 and it can be pre ordered from amazon. I have his VB book and it is really good. I have no programming experience exept what I have taught myself from books, I have no collage or programming classes so I'm really looking foreward to getting this book. If you are interested goto yahoo groups join the group and check it out!
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 00:38
Checking it out. Here's the link.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/darkbasic/messages
CD On CD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2002 05:28
sounds & looks like a nice book.
BUT, i have to wonder IF it IS as good as it states it is, & could really help DB/DBP users, i wonder if the DB team wouldnt pick it up & at least list it ON their main site like they did CShop.

has anyone here actually seen & used this book? if so, was it very helpful, really helpful, or not helpful?

United We (Still) Stand
stormtrooper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2002 15:35
I have 2 other books in the game development series one that was written by this guy and they both were very good. Maybe DB will list the book on their site. The author said that he has been in close contact with the DB team while writing it. You can't use the book yet because it will not be out until Jan. 3 so we will have to wait until then. I will tell you this I was very disapointed in the manual so if you can learn somthing from this book it is well worth the money!!! If you want more info sign up for the group listed in the previous post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 09:49:25
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 09:49:25