Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Agent ManPac

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2004 04:36 Edited at: 27th Jan 2004 04:37
Whoo. I am finding 3D coding to be so much more rewarding than using sprites...
This game was made just because I wanted to try out the DBpro demo and see if I could make a little something with it, I came up with the idea of making Pacman style of game, and then I looked at the models I had (downloaded from December newsletter) and tried to combine the two :p

It's basically 3D pacman style of game, but with ammo instead of power pellets, aliens instead of ghosts and such... lifts, keys, firey pits of doom and a level editor. Fun fun... collect all the gems to get to the next level is basically the idea.
I've made 10 levels, but I included the level editor so you can make as many as you like ^_^ there is a limit of having 6 aliens in a level though... (for speed reasons and stuff)
I've noticed some problems when you make aliens fall of pits, and there is some slowdown at times (at least I get that...) but it's a learning experience ey? I now know better techniques that will help make the next game run faster and that iz good

You can download it here

Also, I made a little Nibbles/Snake game with DarkBasic in under a day which you can get here
Though it is far from perfect :p
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2004 18:12
Nice attempt, but the lighting needs to be improved. It's hard to see when an alien is coming after you, because he is very dark from the lighting and blends in with the environment. When you die, you shouldn't have to collect all the gems over again. Also, maybe you should have some sort of siren sound when an alien is close.

HP Pavilion | Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForceFX 5600 AGP, with 256 MB Ram
Soon to get ATI Radeon 9800 XT AGP
Dennuz666 v2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2004 20:38
Nibbles is cool!

F*ck it all, no regrets!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 00:22:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 00:22:03