Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Very Short, Very Useful, Moonscape Lightmapper :P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is my small snippet. Its called "Moonscape Lightmap", and i am a n00b, so dont cry to me if someone has already invented this code or it is probably what you already use yerselves. lol.
It simply puts a bit of light variation into fields of randomized matrix tiles. High = light, low = dark. enjoy.
CKy
Years of Service
User Offline
81 views... but no replies??? is this code useful or not????
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2004 11:08
well... there's no "lightmapping" at all in your code... so maybe people are expecting a little more than they are getting...

I'm not a big fan of Matrices so I don't have a use for your code, but I'm sure some people will find it useful.

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
CKy
Years of Service
User Offline
well i am a n00b and i dont EXACTLY know what light mapping is... i thought it was just lighting effects on maps and objects. And all my code does, is makes lower tiles darker and higher tiles brighter... good for randomized matrixes?
DARKGuy
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i dont EXACTLY know what light mapping is... i thought it was just lighting effects on maps and objects."

uhh...you're right on THAT part...BUT the lightmapping is done by textures, not lighting effects....have you played..Counter-Strike, QUAKE, Heretic II, or Tomb Raider?, all them use lightmaps, but they don't use in-game lights because it's VERY HARD to make real shadows real-time in-game , so they use textures.

I hope this helped... Anyway cool code...I really liked the effects

::·· Intel Pentium II 300 Mhz, Sound Blaster AWE 32, 5 Gb HD, SiS 8 Mb video card, Windows 98 and 64 Mb RAM ··::

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 19:10:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 19:10:20