Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / New website! 4 games available.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.dbspot.com/hmm/

Here's my new website. Its nice and simple with direct access to the games; zero, the city, smash, dark maze (all been available for a while now). I may soon add 'skydive' and my action rpg 'lionheart' once i finish it.

enjoy!

coincidence? how about pure cosmic convergence!
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2004 21:52
cool, how many random city games have you made and when are you gonna make a full game out of it, it's got potential!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2004 21:52 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2004 21:53
At last...a web site without typos, is structured, and has content! It also has complete games, and no promises of FF12 with nothing to back it up.

Sure, it could do with a bit more content, but thanks for breaking the current tradition of setting up a site with nothing on it but an empty forum!

Downloaded Zero...I could get seriously hooked if there was a little bit more to it...a radar and maybe a hud.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2004 21:59
I quite like "The City" too as a demo of your skills. Nice little touches, such as gravity.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php
hmm
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback. Your questions and suggestions have set me of thinking about further development of some of those programs.

Sadly, the main code for zero somehow got all messed up, so I'll have to remake the game if I wanted to improve it.

I do have a few ideas floating around about the modification of 'the city' and the development of it into a complete game.

Hexgear, about the previous randomcity games, I haven't actually released any of them, though with my new webspace I'm tempted to release the first two, DBClassic versions aswell as the 'ultimate' randomcity engine which was just too complex and slow to finish.

Anyway, please keep any more comments coming.

coincidence? how about pure cosmic convergence!
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2004 03:18
The City plays nicely, but it lags a lot on my computer. Zero is too hard because you can get killed without knowing what hit you.

DarkMaze would be fun but it's way too fast! I zoom into a corridor and a mob of enemies clobbers me and before I know it I'm at the start again! Also, if the enemies go to your starting location, you get stuck there for a while. Please slow it down!

HP Pavilion | Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForceFX 5600 AGP, with 256 MB Ram
FoxBlitzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2004 06:09 Edited at: 5th Feb 2004 06:09
Haha! In The City, the red car's tires rotate along the wrong axis! Also, why did you use Lambert lighting instead of Gouraud lighting?

HP Pavilion | Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
512 MB Ram | NVIDIA GeForceFX 5600 AGP, with 256 MB Ram

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 21:36:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 21:36:24