Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / pen & paper art

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
like it?

Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW! Great Job.

"The keyboard is mightier than the sword."
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah thats pretty nice now Northern Fist would like you to make her bend over and have a guy behind her if you know what i mean...

The search continues.
Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, this is a good picture if you drew it by coding it into dark basic, otherwise I suggest you go and take a few life drawing lessons. Also, as another tip, try posting it on an IMAGE forum. Try the forums at concept art.org

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/

See what GOOD art is my friend...

GIve me more power!
Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Also, dont sighn your work untill you are famous.

GIve me more power!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a good drawing, can you colour it?

Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, but that is NOT a good drawing. Look at the hands! And the booboies are OK, but the left one is much bigger then the right, and the perspective is wrong and there is no weighting, and you havent removed your construction lines(but dated and sighned it) honestly, try some more observational drawing, do some hands, get your mates or family to pose for you. A month of drawing hands and youll be good...

GIve me more power!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 14:44 Edited at: 12th Feb 2004 14:46
@Code Stealer : Yeah but it's a cartoon??? Have you seen the Simpsons hands? It isn't going to look cartoony with realistic proportions, and hands. Plus the boobs are the same size allowing for displacement.

Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
OkOK mrPincho, if you like it then thats ok, but please, dont try to compare it to the simpsons, better to look at matsamune shirow for comparison, if you want to check out manga chicks...

whoo, its a big link...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=perso.wanadoo.fr/st.beautifulwomen/beautifulwomen/images_hentai/masamune_shirow/masamune_shirow_014.jpg&imgrefurl=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/st.beautifulwomen/beautifulwomen/images_hentai/masamune_shirow.htm&h=800&w=649&sz=233&tbnid=1QmPEibPq1QJ:&tbnh=141&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmasamune%2Bshirow%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

GIve me more power!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the hands are a little short, but you do have to allow for some editing during the colouring process. An outline is always a little bit wrong.

Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Gods, what are you talking about MrPincho? I am just trolling here I know. Im glad the guy has the cajones to put up his work, but to try and argue thats its GOOD is not gonna work. Its a good attempt, the guy obviously has some skill with mark making, but the lines are ugly, the proportions wrong, the wighting is off(is she falling over?). Ok, if its not finished why is it sighned and dated?

GIve me more power!
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Well lets see from the looks of it does look like she is about to fall over and she is grabbing her arm how can you tell if the other hand is out of poportion if you can only see one part of it and that part dosnt give enough to go on. It is a really nice picture. and code stealer why don't you post some of your drawings if your so good?

i mean no where have you said your good but the way you rape on this guy you make it sound like your the all mighty god.

The search continues.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I looked on the Manga site that you mentioned, and I saw that you spend time on Manga sites. This is a games site, so you are not going to expect to see pure Manga art on here. You have to expect a lower grade of art from people that are only 50% artists and 50% programmers.

Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes you are right Pincho. Im sorry for causing offence. Im not a god at drawing, but I will have some of my work up pretty soon. Ive got some sprites which, if I can find them, Ill put up for you to look at. As for this picture, as I said the guy has some talent but needs to practice more! He should draw his friends/family/copy from magazines and a few months work will show good results Im sure...

GIve me more power!
Kwiki Mart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2004 17:14
Nice Cameltoe!

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512 Megs of Ram, ATI Radeon 9600 128MB, 160GB HD
james1980
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 01:16 Edited at: 13th Feb 2004 01:36
thanks to you guys that like it.

and you guys that need glasses it's a cartoon character not trying to be human or manga it my style and the hands are in a fist(a cartoon fist).

i dont need a month for any of my drawing skills i' darw a lot better than that but i did not want to draw something to make you crap your pants just my next 3d model(but my 3d skills need work).

@ Code Stealer and the boobies are not wrong and boobies are not hard so figure it out

Quote: "Well the hands are a little short, but you do have to allow for some editing during the colouring process. An outline is always a little bit wrong."

what he said.

might not color it but who knows.
james1980
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 01:24 Edited at: 13th Feb 2004 01:38
www.conceptart.org hell theses guys arn't as good as me they just colored theirs. color make things better..
Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
????

Your answers made me laugh!

GIve me more power!
james1980
Years of Service
User Offline
so one sketch makes me the worst artist in the world.
but you never seen my good stuff so hahahahaha!

@MOD'S
Hey mods keep your eye on this guy he may soon be one of them darn
trouble makers.
Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude, all Ive done is offer my critisism on the picture you put up for critisism. Every thing Ive said is valid, as it is only my opinion. Ive apologised for any offence Ive caused and I never said you were a bad artist(in fact I said you obviously have some skill but need to practice and study). And so you come back,not with reasoned arguements but just whinges. How old are you? No infact dont answer that. Lets just drop it. If you want to post your images and ask what we think of them, you must be prepared for negative as well as positive critisism.

GIve me more power!
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2004 19:27
I have not seen the original drawing (the link is dead), but I'd like to talk about the principle of the thing. My brother is a freelance comic book artist (Marvel, DC, etc.) It took him a very long time to get as good as he his. One of the things that he told me a long time ago is that he'd rather have a critical eye look at his work than a gilded tongue to praise it.

As an artist you're never going to please everyone, but if a person takes the time to critique an image, it is usually worth listening to. By critique, I don't mean "that sucks", but meaningful comments on proportion, line density, shading, etc.

Currently, my son has taken an interest in drawing manga. While I'm not stingy with the praise, I do offer the critical eye and make sure that he has the proper tools and books to steer him in the right direction if he decides to follow my brother's career.

As an artist, if you're going to show your work in public, you need a thick skin. I don't know of any job that gets more flak and rejection than drawing.
--
TAZ

PS. My brother is Patrick Zircher. Since he's a freelancer, his titles are all over the place. There's a pretty cool interview with him here http://www.comicboards.com/interviews/zircher.html if you are interested on reading up on how he got into the comic business and what titles he has worked on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 06:40:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 06:40:46