Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Space Invaders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 01:17
Not very origional, but I never made one before (and its 3D!). Get it here:

http://www.mikenmaz.btinternet.co.uk/spi3d.zip

Its got online high score table so I'm looking for people to fill it.
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading now...

"The keyboard is mightier than the sword."
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
Neat! I like it. A very well represented Retro of the classic game. The menus were fantastic, the models clean, and the sound/music appropriate. However, my only complaint is that the ship seems to maneuver a little too slowely (minor detail).

"The keyboard is mightier than the sword."
Sonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 03:00
Very nice indeed - almost commercial quality (in a retro 3d remake kinda way). I see lots of effort put in here - well done!

Pros: The presentation, the AWESOME effect when you take down the flying saucer, music/sounds, graphics & gameplay (had me hooked for 15 mins or so)

Cons: "Could not connect" message at the end - told me to re-start the game although I AM connected. So I guess I lost my 12000 ish score? Holding down the spacebar did not repeat fire (even after the life of existing bullet had expired). The aliens take a little too long to speed up, making the game too easy (you can quickly shoot down a whole row until you only have a few left), The aliens don't shoot at you enough (again makes the game a bit easy).

Overall though it easily rates as one of the better DB Pro games I've played

"My ignorance amuses me..."
http://www.victory-road.co.uk
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 12:24
Thanks for feedback.

@ Northern Fist
The ship did go faster at first but I wanted to get that whole desperate chase for the mothership thing that the origional had.

@ Sonic
Gonna speed up aliens more and ad few more bombs. The fire thing I will also change.

@ Everyone who plays
Can you all connect to my high score table?
Seems to me you can't
Would it be a security thing that my ISP only allows FTP connection from my IP?
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 13:14
any chance of getting a screenshot? many people with slower connections won'tt download unless they have some eye-candy

i have a fast connection so I'll give it a try tonight regardless

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 13:38
ok:

Sonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2004 23:54
Imposible to say without giving out your FTP details but I don't think it's usual to have IP restrictions on FTP accounts.

I think the way you have the "Auto upload" as a default setting is asking for trouble - maybe just check your code and have it as an option with default of OFF as it caused the game to crash for me - a rather dissapointing end to an enjoyable bit of Space Invaders fun

Its a shame we all harp on about the flaws of something though - as space invader games go this is the best clone I've ever played (apart from the original of course). You have some good graphics in there - everything gells well and the gameplay is good, although could do with some tweaks. I also liked the font thing you had going on - presumably you are rendering that from a bitmap?

"My ignorance amuses me..."
http://www.victory-road.co.uk
sponge008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2004 04:25
Heck, I like this better than the original, except that arcade machines don't freeze when you attempt to access high scores, lol.
walaber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2004 04:45
hehehe. yep.

very nice, complete game!! great effects, nice music... much better than your original post makes it out to be!!

Go Go Gadget DBPRO!

Athlon XP 2400+ || DDR-SDRAM 1GB || Nvidia Ti4200 AGP 8x 128MB
Flashing Blade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2004 21:02
Just had e-mail back from my ISP - as a security feature only I can FTP connect.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 06:15:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 06:15:37