Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / mouse tracking..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I've been trying to figure out how to do mouse tracking for a 2d side scrolling shooter I'm gona start working on, but I can't seem to figure out a way that works, or even a very effective way to do it. For example, I have a turret implacement (the game is 2d side scrolling btw) and I want it to rotate the turret in the direction of the mouse, wherever it moves...you with me? I'm not exactly sure even where to start with that..I've tried some stuff using the mouse position to try to line up the gun, but none of it worked..anyone have any ideas? Thanks
RebirthAnime
Years of Service
User Offline
heh..nevermind..just found a post I'd skipped that has exactly what I wanted..thanks anyways! Im' sure I'll have more problems later once I get to try to make a projectile fire from the turret at the reticle and use gravity and velocity to make a trajectory for the projectile

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 17:44:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 17:44:04