Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / how can we animate 3d object ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hello,
first I want to tell you that I don't speak well English ( I'm Swiss ), so I'm going to do a lot of faults. Sorry.
I bought Dark Basic a few time before Christmas 2001. I never have any problem to play 3ds's animations, but now I have some. I bought Dark Basic pro on September, and I never be able to play any 3ds.
I have a few 3ds objects, and I can play them without any problem with Dark Basic V1, but not with Dark Basic Pro. I tried to .. I don't know the word, to 'mutate' them in *.X format, but I think that it don't export the animation because when I load the *.X file with Dark Basic V1, it tell me that it doesn't have an animation.
So, here's my question : Am I the only to have this problem, or is itthe same for all people ?
Galiem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2002 22:02
Usually, whatever program you use to create your models will have the ability to animate them. To greatly and vaguely summarize what goes on is that each time you move the model a bit, you store it in a frame. The animations are played back like tape on a movie reel.. Play frame with hand down, then raised a little, then a little more, then all the way would look like a model raises its hand. The information on the animation is stored in a file, which basically only contains which part of the model moved, and where it moved to each frame. Then, upon successfully loading the model, you may add animation to it from one of these files. Having explained that, most of the information you still need should be in the help menu in DB1. I hope I have broken the language barrier here, but since I don't speak Swiss or Swedish (whatever the language is called -- really showing my ignorance here), there's no way to really tell.. Hope I helped at least a little.

Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for your reply, galiem, but I still cannot play the animations.
I spoke with a few friends, and they don't understand why it doesn't work. Perhaps I have to reinstall Dark Basic Pro ?
My animated object were animated withframes without data, and someone told me that we need to have all frames used. So I made a single cube who's rotating on the Y axe, without empty frame, but it still don't work.
I can play the animations with Dark Basic V1, so my 3d object is working.
Then I can think that it is Dark Basic Pro that has a problem. I'll try to reinstall It friday evenings, and if it still don't work, I don't know what I can do ( I have the 3 patchs, installed one after the other, so it isn't a version problem ).
Perhaps I have a Dark Basic Pro's file problem ? If a DLL or an other file control the animations, does anybody can give me it please ? ( galakthus@hotmail.com )
( In Switzerland we have 4 nationals tongues : French ( my mother tongue ), Germann, Italian and ... Lol I don't remimber the other name, but it isn't very use, and not in my area )

Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2002 23:47
DBpro has a few problems with .3ds models (at least I had problems).

I would wait for patch 4 as the new DBO 3d file format will be added which is ment to convert your models to this format for you.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.

P4 2.53 Ghz-60 Gig HD-GeForce2Ti 64MB-256 DDR

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:13:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:13:55