Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Tokamak Physics Wrapper - now available!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 21:22
You should be able to use it. As you can see from the function, it uses MAKE MEMBLOCK FROM MESH. I would imagine that as long as DBpro can load the object correctly, it should work with tokamak.
There are a few other things that could cause missed collisions just like the one that you mentioned. The main thing (and my guess as to what the problem is) is having a body positioned within the collision bounds of another object.
To test it, I would make a simple test program that loads the object and drops a single body onto it. That way you are sure that it is not interefering with anything else. If that still dosn't work, e-mail me your object and I'll see what I can do.

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2004 22:07
Thanks Wolf - I will try it and let you know.

1001001 S.O.S.
S.O.S. Site Of Scraggle
Douglass
Years of Service
User Offline
hey wolf great wraper just one problem, i do everything you say, i get the dll from the tomamak site, put it in winnnt/system32 (theres no window/system32 so that is the closest thing i cud find). then i put the DBP-Tok.dll file in Dark Basic Professional/
Compiler/plugins-user then i tryed your examples and it says DBP-Tok.dll is an invalid windows image. any ideas?

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2004 06:07
It sounds like it is choking on the wrapper dll, not the Tokamak dll. I've never heard of ANYONE else having problems. Are you using a demo version of DBpro?

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
K1W1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2004 16:34
Scraggle, I had the same problem with Tokamak Mesh terrains. I'd positioned the object I was using to make the TokMesh at coordinates other than 0,0,0. Once I removed the POSITION OBJECT command for it things were fine. Hope I've made sense.

One thing I'm finding with mesh & matrix Tokamak terrains, though, is that my rigid bodies that drop onto the surface start flickering after about 5-10 seconds, then fall through the ground. Not sure why.
Douglass
Years of Service
User Offline
yes im using the full version with the latest updates.

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2004 02:07
Thanks for the help - yes I was moving AND rotating.

However, I DO need to rotate the mesh. I had thought if I rotated before converting to a mesh it should work but it doesn't. So I tried FIX OBJECT PIVOT before conversion but that doesn't help either.

Is there any way to rotate the mesh either before or after conversion?

Need a reference manual for Tokamak? How about one for Nuclear Glory Collision? Or maybe BlueGUI?
S.O.S. Site Of Scraggle
Cassi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.

I know that I can create material properties with the command TOKs_SetMaterial index,Friction#,Restitution# but having created the material how do I assign it to a rigid or animated body.

Thanks
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2004 14:16 Edited at: 3rd May 2004 14:25
@Doug
I still don't know what the problem is. Like I said, I've never heard of anyone else ever having any problems.

@Scraggle
The funtion that I have written dosn't allow for rotated meshs. The problem is that when you use MAKE MESH FROM OBJECT, it uses the mesh in an un-rotated/un-translated form. It can be done pretty easily with EZrotate though. I'll try to add to the function for you to allow this.

@Cassi
After you create the material, you assign it to the geometries within the RB's and AB's. Use the "TOKg_SetMaterial" command.

The STATUS of TOKAMAK:
The next update of the wrapper was to include sensors which are used for ray-casting. I've run into NOTHING but problems with them. The only other thing from Tokamak left to add to the wrapper is breakage. In working with the rag-dolls, I've found out a few of the good things and bad things about the system. It is GOOD but there are many places that need improved. Some things are VERY solid, while other things, such as sensors, were done very half-assed. The real issue for me at this point is that the Tokamak team has all but abandoned their forums. I really don't know if (or how much) they are still working on it.
Tokamak and the wrapper are both in a usable form. I've shown that with my rag-doll demo. It was hard to get there though. Because of some of the things going on that I have NO control over, I am currently looking into some other physics systems. The main one that I am looking at is Newton, which Walaber already has an excellent wrapper up-and-running for. I am working on my own wrapper for it at the moment so I can really put it to the test myself. I currently have about half of the commands up and running. If there is interest in my version, I'll be happy to make it available when it is ready. Really though, there isn't much point because Walaber's is excellent.
I am in NO way abandoning Tokamak though. If they get there act together and start updating again, I'll definately continue working on it.
I've also considered writing my OWN physics system. I have a few good ideas to make it work with DBpro really well. I already have collision routines worked out for sphere, box and cylinder. If Tokamak dosn't come back to life and I find that Newton isn't what I need, then my own physics system is the route that I am going to take.
I'll keep all of you posted on where things stand.

Ron Erickson ~ a.k.a. WOLF

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 15:48
Does that mean that you are abandoning the Tokamak wrapper?

Before you do, would it be too much to ask for some documentation for the joints commands?

Thanks

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2004 17:33
Like I said, I will NOT abandon tokamak. If the tokamak team continues work on their system, I will keep the wrapper up to date. If I ever do decide to abandon it completely, I'll make the source to the wrapper available to everyone.

The only joint that I found to work as it should is the hinge joint. In my rag-doll demo, I used multiple hinge joints to create extra degrees of freedom. If you need it, I can write something up (when I get some time) to explain the hinge joint in detail. It really isn't too hard to figure out though.

EZrotate!
Tokamak Physics Wrapper!
Ilya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2004 14:52 Edited at: 16th Aug 2004 14:54
[WRONG FOURM]

-Ilya

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 15:25:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 15:25:26