Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Using a graphical font for weird effects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2004 01:45 Edited at: 25th Feb 2004 01:46
Well, this is the first bit of code i've made that could theoretically be of use to someone else... written in DBpro, it is simply a way to get a BMP (in this case, the Zelda: Link to the Past font, taken from here) to be used as a font.

Not only does this allow you to use the font from Zelda (or whatever image you want to use as a font, just change the Load_Font sub's stuff to fit your images size etc) but you have more control over sprites than text, so you can make text change colour at random, shake, grow... whatever you feel like.
I think this effect could be quite useful... if you've played Golden Sun, I think it uses shaking text a lot, whenever townspeople are scared or whatever... nice effect

Source code + exe included. I also attached the code, as i'm having trouble opening the font.dbpro file after I renamed it for some reason... but the exe worked.. yeah...
Font.Zip

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 09:53:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 09:53:45