Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / loading multiple objects; much faster than using for-next

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2004 11:35
Instead of using for-next to load the same model, it is much faster to make a mesh from the object then make objects from that mesh. By putting the object into memory (I think that's how make mesh from object works) you could save time from having to read the object data from the disk again. l337

Marvey
Years of Service
User Offline
Now imagine you have a model that use multiple textures you have something like texture1.bmp texture2.bmp etc and when you load the model in dbp he automatic will load the texures without needing to do the "load image" and you dont want to make a image with all the textures inside how you gone do this with mesh command is that possible ?
Arkheii
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 06:01
Sorry, I'm dbc. I'm not sure if dbpro's mesh command will create a white model or a textured model, but I suppose you could try removing load image and maybe replace make object i,1,1 with make object i,1 and see if it also loads the texture.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2004 14:37
Yes, it's a good thing to know. Just remember you will lose any animations.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 11:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 11:19:42