Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Great to see it but I have Installation Troubles...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was incredibly glad to have DB arrive within 36 hours of ordering it, thank you DB.

I was given a very nicely presented box, which I must add is a huge advancment over the CD case and leaflet I got with version DB1, I opened it to see a nice ring binded Manual that I got reading straight away and is very well layed out and written so far as I have gotten into it (Pat on the Back for DB), a damaged DVD case which must have been caused by production somewhere between it being produced and having the leaflet inserted and getting placed into the cardboard box as the cardboard box was fine, the cracked case was cause for a minor concern incase of damage to the CD, on opening the CD seemed to have been missed by the damaged area so I breathed a cautious sigh of relief.

On installation however I have found an error which I am unable to install DBPRO, I have installed DX 8.1 fine from the CD, but when I click to install DBPRO I get an error saying the CD cannot be found and I should re-insert the CD and retry, of course every time I do this I get the same message.

So I am happily reading the manual and making full use of creative content on the box and getting started manual, just to make sure I haven't missed anything and to pass the time while a hopefull solution to this problem is found, I have made DB aware of this through the product support area, not in as great a detail, but wanted to post incase someone has had the same happen and maybe knows a way around this that I can try before DB get back to me about it or incase someone from DB can help who is present.

thanks for any help.

To DBS... a good job on the rest of the package, I love the Reference manual, the box(cardboard one) and the user manual, I am sure the CD thing is simple for you to sort out so am not to worried at present, sounds like most others are fine here with loading so may be something specific to me.. I havn't uninstalled DB V1 yet as it did not mention me having to in order to get the DBPRO to run correctly, but if it is feel free to tell me I am stupid and I will accept.
1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2002 23:14
OK... this MAY BE ILLEGAL. But I have a solution that will at least allow you to install DarkBASIC Pro.

Copy the entire contents of the DarkBASIC Pro CD to a folder on your hard drive (eg C:\DBP)

Download this file: http://www.pcgemu.i12.com/downloads/setupnocd.exe

Place this loader file in the same folder (eg C:\DBP) and run it. This should load the setup.exe file and bypass the copy protection which is causing the problem.

When you have installed DBP, run the editor.exe (YOUR_DBP_INSTALLATION_DIR\Editor\editor.exe) program wherever you installed DBP to launch the IDE, not launch.exe.

This will allow you to at least run the editor, but you will not be able to compile anything. Sorry.

what is a signature?
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2002 23:17
... the ultimate solution is to get a newer CDROM drive, which should be OK.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that you have a warez version or a copy(especially as DBP is new), but I cannot be sure, so I can't tell you how to get the compiler to work without the CD. That is up to Lee to remove SD2 when he chooses to do so.

what is a signature?
Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2002 00:43
I had more or less the same problem, when i first got it i sometimes got an illegal error or something while trying to install DB, when i finally go it to install, the compiler checked for the cd and errors came up.

What you'v gotta do is remove any program you have that can 'reverse engineer' DB such as the .NET framework program or Visual C++

Or if you want to keep those programs you you can get another hard drive and use DB on one drive and things like visual C++ on another.

If this doesn't work the either get a refund or try and get another copy of DBPRO

I really think the system of making it impossible to use DBPRO when Visual C++ or something like that is installed is REALLY stupid since you've gotta use them programs to create additional DLLs!!!

Hope it works!
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks thunder, but I am going to wait for a more legal way to sort this one, my drive is only 4 months old, it is a CDR/RW though which may be a problem.. I did buy my version properly and feel it was worth every penny, well I know it will be at some point, which is when the CD works or nearer to the problem, when my system lets it work.

Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
Ahh Inferno you must have just posted as I replied to thunder.. so appologise for the second post..

this makes more sence, I did once have the begginger addition of the VC++ on my system, I am sure I removed it though, the only coding thing I have at present is DB v1, I agree with you on the C++ being needed to run with DB and find it a little silly if it doesn't work with it installed.. I am still clueless mind about the problem but had better check the drive for left overs from the instalation of C++ I suppose.. thanks for the help

Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
Woo Hoo.. Congrats Inferno you have answered my prayers.. I found a little remnant of vc++ on the drive and removed it, Hey presto one DBPRO installation. now to get the patch installed, just thought I had better thank you now I got it up and running.. so without further addo

Many Many thanks..

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2002 01:38
Sorry Matto, I forgot about the Visual C++ issue. I have VC++ installed on my system but it ran fine - then I remembered that I had the debug feature disabled.

Sorry.

what is a signature?
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
thats really no problem, I appreciate your help in the first place, and I am very happy to have got it working at all to be honest. If and when I get to installing C++ again I must remember to disable that debugger.. hehe

thanks

Chenak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2002 01:53
Cheers!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:25:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:25:07