Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Space tiles....need space tiles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Just as the title says need space tiles anyhow how could i make my own tiles? like make a planet and cut it up into 4 or 5 diffrent parts ect ect?

The search continues.

Current project - A space game
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You don't really have to use tiles for all games. This space game of yours sounds like you only need a few pictures of planets, and a routine to add stars. There would be no collision with this picture, so forget about tiles. Just draw some planets, save them whole. Maybe a nebula, save the entire nebula picture. Now, you could paste them down whole using a formula to calculate how far the screen has scrolled. There is a free demo of a program called Universe. It makes space backgrounds for you.

Code Stealer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah man, moving start planes are pretty easy to program, and look fab. However, maybe your making another kind of game and want a map. When making map tiles, make sure you use at least 5 so that it looks random, rather than repeating the same tile!
Anyway, just use microsoft paint to draw tiles in, or check out the other paint packages that are available!

GIve me more power!
UnderLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah i got the star system down that was the easy part so i have my bckground (a ton of little white dots 1024x1024) and a little space ship to go with it but i was going to make some models in 3ds max so that way the planets would look good because thats about all im good at making in 3ds max is planets heh.

The search continues.

Current project - A space game
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2004 20:03
Universe is fairly crippled, if you're on a budget, search for Starbits or download POV Ray and use the galaxy.inc include file.

There are also some fractal planet generators out there that will output 2:1 images that are perfect for wrapping around a cylindrically mapped sphere.
--
TAZ

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 07:46:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 07:46:46