Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2002 06:37
I have been trying to convert of DB prog into DBP. In the beginning of the prog it loads 3d text into meshes. I had used 3dstudiomax 2.5 to make .3ds files. I converted them into .x files with conv3ds.exe (I believe thats the name) First I tried using the 3ds files - they didn't seem to load into the meshes (they didn't error out) but in the following code:

make object 1 + startobj,33 + startmesh,0

DBP comes back with an error saying the mesh doesn't exist. I've tried loading a .x file in place of that mesh placed just before that line of code. It worked fine. I either need the 3ds files to load correctly into the meshes or the .x files to load (which they are causing illegal operations when loading certain files). What I find odd (for 1) is that all the .x files were made from the same .3ds files that 3dsmax created. I say this because some load without problems while others cause the illegal operations.

On a positive note: If I comment out the code using the letters when my program that was previously written in DB is ran in DBP the FPS is 130 compared to DB's 74. Not bad.

On a negative note: It kinda sux that I have been trying to convert to dbpro because I changed so much syntax that I don't want to continue deving in DB. I really can't do anything in DBP though either until this is fixed.

Anyway thanks ahead of time for any help.
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2002 06:49
The following code does not work even though the file exists:

Load mesh startlocation$ + filechar$ + APPEND$ + ".3DS",i + startnum
make object 1,i + startnum,0

Anyone got any idea?

TH -Darksoft.net
Darksoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2002 07:18
Does the Load Mesh Command return an error if it doesn't load anything?

TH -Darksoft.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:56:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:56:00