Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Which one to buy?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Which one should I buy? DB, DB Pro or The 3D Gamemaker?
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 13:44
Go for DBPro...

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
3d game maker. It'll make you want db. Then db will make you want db pro.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 15:56
3DGM is like Click n Play but in 3D. I never found it useful at all. DB is nice but so slow and limited compared to DBP. Sooner or later you want to upgrade to DBP and then you might find out that your program isn't 100% compatible with DBP. I say go with DBP now even if it's a little buggy. Lee and Mike are working hard to make DBP better every day.

DigAw.com
Game in developement: The Magic Land
DrakeX
Years of Service
User Offline
DBP by now has most of the major bugs out, and another patch before christmas will make it faster and probably add some new stuff as well

get DBP, definitely.

i'm looking at yooooou!
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2002 15:42
I agree with every1, the 3dGamemaker is truly, TRULY awful... Except there are some nice models and textures in it BUT they're not royalty free! Grrr avoid it like the plague!

HOWEVER Its a small point but it can't be compared to Click and Play, Klik and Play, Click and Create and the Gamesfactory, (all of which were near identical) because although they were limited, they had much more scope for producing decent and more varied games than 3dgm. I still use Click and Create (the Professional royalty free version) For quickly making 2d Platformers, Shooters, top down retro games (Pac Man, Break Out etc.)Puzzlers and presentations. Its fun!

That said Dark Basic Pro is SOOOooo the ONLY way to go for professional and flexible 3d results

Hope that helps

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-15 07:06:41
Your offset time is: 2024-05-15 07:06:41