Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro with DirectX 9 and GeForce FX

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Are there going to be features added into DBPro which take advantage of the new features of DX9 and GeForceFX, and the programmable nature of the GeForceFX?
haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 19:44
It has been said a couple of times that DBpro will move onto DX9, and with it gain new features, apparently a good update to multiplayer commands as well with the new directplay. I suppose it will support Geforce FX though tbh there isn't much point yet as i doubt many people will be able to afford them for a while

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:02
Well, getting all current stuff working correctly and faster should be the main priority. DX9 isn't out yet (only as public beta) and first of DBP will update the engine to take advantage of the new speed. We still got the DX8 shaders that should be enough for now.

DigAw.com
Game in developement: The Magic Land
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 21:36
lots of the users even haven't vertex-pixel shaders so why move on to GeForceFX??
Most of the DB Pro Users aren't even able to use Vertex- and Pixelshaders the way they are meant, they only use the prebuild commands as Cube mapping, cartoon shaders etc

-> there is no need for even more effects. first learn how to use the vertex&pixelshaderstreams and make very cool effects with them!

*even lots of the actuell games don't use this shaders! -> UT2k3 as an example doesn't really use 'em ... and Doom3 doesn't run at more than 10-15fps, 800x600 on a GF3! so -> no use *

haggisman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 21:46
Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i think DX9 will contain a higher level shader language that is a lot easier than coding in ASM, so it would give people a better chance to make shaders.

Specs:- 1GHZ athlon, Radeon8500, 192mb ram, winxp

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 23:42:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 23:42:50