Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Loading screen?/Displaying text on button press

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a loading screen? I need it to be displayed for like just 5-10 seconds(just long enough for everthing on the screen to be loaded). I'm not even sure if this is possible but if you know how, I would really appreciate it. The reason I want it is, when I run my game, it takes like 5 seconds for all my objects to appear and rotate to where I want them, and I don't like seeing that lol.

Another thing, I want some data to be printed on the screen when I press the keys 1 or 2. I used inkey$() but that only worked whent he key was held down. It's kind of like a debug menu, I want the camera x,y,z position to be showed when i press 1 and fps to be shown when I press 2. I have the code for those, I just don't know how to make them toggle on and off when I press the buttons. Thanks for your help in advance.
jotomicron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2002 23:44
About your first demand, i really don't know how to do it.
However, about the second one, you could use something like this:

I know there's quicker ways of doing it, but i can't remember how.
Hope this work!

Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thx man, that worksd but...what about making toggling them on and off. Like i press 1 once and it turns on then press 1 again and it turns camera data off?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:13:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:13:44