Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Special Views

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know if its possible to do a 3D view that when u move the mouse lets u free look around a locked object...

So the camera constantly points at the object, and the camera (depending on movement of mouse) then moves around (in a spherecle area)...

I know how to move a camera, and I know how to make it point at the object, but I can't figure out how to make the camera move round it...

for example if it was only with the horizontal axis - it'd just move around in 1 circle (as if its orbiting it)...

Does anyone know how to do this and more importantly do it in the vert and horizontal axis with mouse

Cheers,

Paul J
Bitmap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 00:23
you can do it with newxyzvalues prolly... I'll take a look and see what I can do for you

thy boss
Paul J
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your quick reply, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I might of been able to do this if I hadn't of deleted a example with moons rotating around planets

as I would of basically made the camera the moon... and gone from there

Thanks again.

Bitmap
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 01:00
sorry, can't help you... the rotation around x-axis always screws up for me somehow

thy boss
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 01:01
If patch3 has fixxed the Mouse bugs, checkout RTS Camera Code within the Snippets forum. Might be a few pages back...
Simply use the Base XYZ to the Planets

I'll code up an example if you can't find it in Standard DB and you can port from that.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 13:02:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 13:02:45