Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Smoothing camera movement?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

I have this problem with my camera(it is a first person camera). With the following code my camera is all jerky and fast, how do I smooth the movement a little so it doesn't jerk around? Do I use curveangle command? If so, can somone how me an example of how I go about using it to smooth my cam. Thanks in advance.

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2002 21:13
hmm, tried it on my computer, wasn't really jurkt, maybe it was just because your mouse was visible. The mouse movement normally makes the illusion that teh camera is jurky! anyways you could try using the curve angle function, so your code would become:

hope that helped

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I'll try your code. I'm not sure if jerky was the right word for that, for some reason it just doesn't look as smooth as it should to me with my code. And no, I hid the mouse heh.

Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet, thanks again man. That worked

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:47:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:47:03