Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Getting 2 Player controls to work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 14:42
Hi, i am REALLY stuck. I am making a 2 player game, and cannot get the 2 planes on screen to move at the same time. The controls are on keyboard. What happens is that controlling either plane independatly will work 100%, if 2 keys are pressed at the same time then only 1 will have any effect. my only thought is to put all controls into one line of code so that any movement will be carried out at the exact time? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!! please contact me if you can help me, or would like to see my code.
korn_kiddywink@hotmail.com
thanks marcus.
hexGEAR
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 16:36
had the exact same problem, the thing is that, when u play 2 players, one player has to use w,a,s,d (on the leftmost of the keyboard), and the other player has to use the cursor keys up,down,left,right etc. Try this code and see if you computer can detect when u press these keys at the same tim:

if for example u press w and a and at the same time up and right and all 4 letters appear on screen then u can make a 2 player game using those controls, hope that helped

your birth was a blessing, sent to live and die on earth as a lesson, we each have a star all you have to do is find it, once you do, everyone who sees it will be blinded - DMX

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:56:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:56:56