Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / A few questions regarding DBP from a LW addict.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 20:59
Hello I am very curious about DBP, and I have a few questions that I hope you guyz can answer.
1. Does everything have to be 3 point Polys? After working with lightwave I have had a grudging respect for 4 point poly....really I just hate 3 point'ers.

2. How much support does DBP have for UV textures?
3. What support does DBP have for animation? Would Lightwave Bones do the trick?
4. How compatable is LW with this wonderful proggy!! XD~~

thanks for your time.
MushroomHead
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 00:25
Someone is working on a LW exporter, have a look at this :-

http://www.darkbasicpro.com/apollo/view.php?t=2794&b=1

Hope this helps ...

- Rav.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 00:43
ahem...
"1. Does everything have to be 3 point Polys? After working with lightwave I have had a grudging respect for 4 point poly....really I just hate 3 point'ers. "
Absolutely! 3 point polys are industry standard I believe, and although I know little about them, I think when you export a model with 4 point polys, they get converted to three point polys anyhow. So you don't have to worry, you can model in 100 point polys if you wanted/it was possible, they'd end up as 3 point polys anyway

"2. How much support does DBP have for UV textures? "
DB fully supports UV texture mapping.

"3. What support does DBP have for animation? Would Lightwave Bones do the trick?"
Not sure, it depends if the bones are exported along with the model.

"4. How compatable is LW with this wonderful proggy!! XD~~ "
It's not at all compatible. However, you can export DB compatible models, which is - I believe - what you meant. In that case, it depends. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know what kind of models LW can export, but at very least it should be able to export 3DS files, which can then be converted further to X files, if needed.

Lastly, welcome to the exciting world of DB!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 03:23:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 03:23:39