Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3d modelers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey,

I was wondering, what everyones favorite 3d modeler is? Which is the best to use with db? I don't think maya can export to .3ds much less .x without some 3rd party plug-in, I can't find 3ds max, trueSpace won't let me save, and anim8or just makes me angry. I have never tried milkshape really, and I'm pretty much open to your suggestions of any others. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
I am the very disease you pretend to be.
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 22:23
Milkshape...

b.u.d.w.e.i.s.e.r héhé!

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 22:59
favourite is Maya (5.0 is just breathtaking )
i also really enjoy working with trueSpace
i'm force to use Max 4.x for work
and have copies of Softimage and Lightwave, but very rarely use them.

Milkshape is the best cheap solution you're gonna find for a while. Perhaps Gmax is also good as you can save to MD3 which there might possibly be a converter for soon

Upto you what you choose... it might be better to just give you the links for the 25 i know off hand and let you decide.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 23:12
-Perhaps Gmax is also good as you can save to MD3 which there might possibly be a converter for soon

As anything been confirmed as for the use of this software for commercial purposes...I guess you need the dev version hein?

Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 04:58
Milkshape all the way... I have 3D Max 5.0 and it's interface is bad, not friendly + damn expensive... in other words it's not worthy. I am using the demo of Milkshape until next month when I will buy it. Simple interface, cheap, no external plugins necessary and plenty of tutorials around the net.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
-- Rogue
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 20:13
Not sure... i've read over the Licence time and time again, and althought it doesn't say anything specific - it ghists at non-profitable use.
Legal terms are oftenly messy in these matters, i'm very happy i never wanted to be a lawyer

I guess could ask my lawyer to check over it, be a few hundred dollars - but might clear the air about it once and for all, no?

As most people will never sell thier games personally i think no harm no foul. Even if they do go commercial, they can just get thier publisher to buy a copy of Max for them and then they're snuggy in the eyes of the law

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 20:20
lol Guess so.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 22:25:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 22:25:04