Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / set normalization on?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2002 22:37
I'm trying to fine tune the lighting in my game and was wondering what this command does exactly. From what I can make out it's default setting is off and is kinda a lower quality lighting setting? And when on, it's better quality and similar to the lighting in DBv1? I take it having it on is more demanding and the command only needs to be activated or deactived once? Can anyone clear this up a bit in particular if it makes a difference to performance or not.
AsylumHunter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 12:24
I recommend that you SET NORMALIZATION ON somewhere at the start of your source, and only once.

From my experiences: When passing vertex data directly into memblocks and generating meshes the lighting will be jerky across the faces unless this is set to ON.

As for performance, it probably depends on the card.

Hope that helps.

AylumHunter

still falling out of my binary tree most evenings (hicup!)
xtom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 20:20
Yeah I noticed the lighting effects to look smoother when it's on. Thanks for the advice.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 14:56:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 14:56:40