Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / AI again :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 19:31
Hi, guys!

I'm starting AI now, and i wonder if is anyone here who knows a good link about the topic where i can find usefull information!
Don't really matter what's the language, all pages are welcome.

So, if you know one single page that may inform me, please, say it, ok?

Thanx a lot
jotomicron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2002 19:32
Sorry, I ment IA (I'm portuguese, and sometimes I miss the word order)
Paul J
Years of Service
User Offline
Whats IA?

I know AI = Artificial Intelligence

TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
I think you were rihht the first time jotomicron, well check out my link about "the best AI technique ever" but I'll sum it up.

1. When you are gonna create a special object more than once use a Function such as Create_Goblin(Object_number,x,y,z) where it loads and appends all of its object data and sets up it's default values...
2. To "AI" an object us a function I call AT(object,action), object= object to "AI" and action will be to use lets say goblin AI,wild animal AI...stuff like that

3. Make sure the function AI will handle everything such as collision, HP nd stuff like that...

ITS REALLY EASY! I think I inveted this meathod cause I've never seen anyone else but myself use it...the only draw back is that it can ONLY use local variables and arrays...
If you want to use global I recommend converting my AI function into a label...

HOPE THIS HELPS!

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:32:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:32:10