Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Offset Gun Barrel "Tutorial/Create/ #4 Shooting Bullets"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I've run into a interesting problem while playing around with changes to the Game Making Tutorial #4 Shooting Bullets. I tried to move the gun barrel outlined in the tutorial over a bit to the right to look more realistic (LOL). Well after that I moved the starting point of the bullet over a bit as well to match up.

Now things are looking rather nice and firing (hitting the mouse button) gets the bullet to come out of the gun barrel right where I want it to.

Well the problem is when I move the gun barrel (andd thus the view) to the far right or left with the mouse. The gun barrel stays right where it should because of the;

"Lock Object On 1" command line

Note, "Object 1" is the gun barrel. However, the bullet no longer comes out of the barrel but out of a point in the middle of the screen (0,0,0).

Has this happened to anybody?

DarrylKev
NeoHavic
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah it has happened to me too. I still cant figure out why though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:51:59
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:51:59