Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Folks I just found this modeling site anyone here use it?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Folks

I was tooling around the net yesterday searching for examples of Mecha and Spaceship designs and I found this site;

http://www.doga.co.jp/english/

Its a 3d object and animation creator with a really interesting interface. You drag and drop pre-made items into the vehicles you want.

Just doing a fast (5 min.) run throught I got 2/3 of the way throught a Space Mecha Design using pre-made torsos arms, legs and head.

According to the DOCS you can save your completed work as "???.x" files. Oh well, if anyone has seen this before is it usful???

Any info/comments/critiques would be appreciated!!

Thanks

DarrylKev
TGWDNGHN
Years of Service
User Offline
yes...I use L-1, the free one lol thanks anyway...

If life gives you a lemon, shove it up a water gun and squirt it into someone's eyes!
DarrylKev
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello TGWDNGHN

Two Questions! Is it worth the effort to learn it? How is the ".x" file support?

DarrylKev

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 03:56
direct3d is the export file format listed in doga which is x.

u will out grow it as its just an object placement tool.
basically.

DarrylKev
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay

So I get the impression that Doga is just a phase that some newbees go throught until they get ready to face the challenge of a "real" modeling program.

My problem is that I have to admit that I can't draw figures especially MECHA figures with one of the "do it from scratch" (3dCanvas, Milkshape, even Anim8or) modeling programs. Now ships, fighters, etc. those I can do.

From what I have seen so far Doga's pre-made parts just might give me something that I couldn't do otherwise. Now as has been stated given the fact that it can create and save "????.x" files (which can be used in DarkBasic) I can see putting some time into learning it.

DarrylKev

AnimEdge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2002 06:26
i was gonna used it when i was trying around ith WildTangent gaming stuff...i didnt like how the coding was done so i moved to DarkBasic...i used that (that doco one or whatever) when i was trying to find a somewhat free 3d softwear...ugh i hated it it was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to basic and it didnt allow me to cutoise anything on it other than there size...im using that one...milkshape or whatever witch is a whooooooooooooooooole lot better and is rather easy good stuff

DarrylKev
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Folks I was Wrong Again!

Now Doga is good "simple" 3d program for creating ".x" static models. Heck I just designed a few Cruiser/Destroyer Space ships in a few minutes with the thing. However (and this is a big HOWEVER) you can't make animated exportable ".x" files with any version (L1, L2 and L3)of the thing.

Crap, now I know why "TGWDNGHN" put up the smily face in his reply to my original post. I just didn't get the hint.
So I quess its back to trying to get up to speed in programs such as Milkshape, Wings3d and Gmax.

Later

DarrylKev

Benny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 16:56
I have no idea how to use milkshape i downloaded it and played around with it for a while but couldn't find any tutorials anywhere.

can you tell me where to find some tuts?

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 02:41
With milkshape, it helps being able to have a background image, Im sure there are tutorials on the website. I saw one floating around here somewhere.......

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny : Help Wanted!
Upcoming- MMOFPS- Paintball Game: HELP WANTED!
Http://halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 02:41
http://www.milkshape3d.com/

Click on "Tutorials" on the site

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 02:43
there are tutorials all over the milkshape site.

hands benny a walking stick and a blind dog.

DarrylKev
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Group

Yes I just found the make gun tutorial and the first thing it tells you is to find a background image. So after tracking the net for a while I finally found a good side view of a mecha design (Note what you do find a good three view drawing of your project). After jumping in and trying the same method on the mecha piece as they did the gun I discoved one very interesting point. I should have started with something a heck of a lot simpler.

Oh well back to the tutorial!!

Darrylkev

***************** RPGgamer Wrote***********************
With milkshape, it helps being able to have a background image, Im sure there are tutorials on the website. I saw one floating around here somewhere.......

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 19:29
Ya, on the milkshape website there are links to like 15 tuts.
RPGamer

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 02:17
this site will help

www.suurland.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:54:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:54:49