Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Any pointers for a new bloke...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 02:10
Just ordered DBPro and am planning on teaching myself by writing an RPG style game from the very basic wizardry 1 type of approach to begin with. Then ease into making it more of a proper 3D type of game.
Has anyone out there done a similar sort of thing that may have some pointers on the best way to go about it with DBPro? (It's not arrived yet so i've been plannning things on paper first before doing any coding)
Also has the DBPro community arrived at any coding standards that they find are good practice (Apart from the obvious comment everything type of thing) It's best to start with some good habbits .

Thanks in advance.

Jas
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm....first thing that I did when I first wanted to learn about db(didnt have pro then)was read the help file lol. Nice and long but trust me, the help file and this forum has helped me out tremendously.

Not so sure about the second question lol I try to keep everything tabbed correctly and properly rem'd heh. Everyone has their own coding style I suppose.

Welcome and good luck in your coding my friend.

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 02:44
As far as programming practice is concerned i set out my code like this

REM NAME OF SECTION
<tab> code for that section

REM NEW SECTION

Always include the extra empty line after each section. It helps to tell them apart. Also stick to indentation rules for writing IF and CASE statements

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 23:37:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 23:37:33