Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DarkBASIC Pro Manual?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I read somewhere that the DBPro package ships with a printed manual? I'm not sure if it does or not. If so, is it as helpful as the in-program help(at least I think that db1's help file was really great). Thanks in advance.
I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 14:26
Hi! I ordered DBPro and it shipped to me with 2 manuals,

1: A small one inside the DVD case, covering building a simple FPS example game. I didn't find this much help but a complete beginner may have...

2: A larger ring bound manual in the big box, which is basically a printed version of the help-commands, Eg the name of commands, what they do, and a simple Syntax for how to use them. Personally I find this very helpful

I agree that the DB1 help file was great, and be assured that in DBPro its nigh on Identical, albeit in a Windows setting and with the extra commands added.

The only negative point is that you STILL can't highlight the syntax examples, then copy and paste them into your program. - Not even with Ctrl+c/v! Grrr Its a minor point but it annoys me! But in aswer to your question, yes it contains pretty good manuals, but for beginner users, more in depth beginners tutorials would be good

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, thanks man.

The only negative point is that you STILL can't highlight the syntax examples, then copy and paste them into your program. - Not even with Ctrl+c/v! Grrr Its a minor point but it annoys me! But in aswer to your question, yes it contains pretty good manuals, but for beginner users, more in depth beginners tutorials would be good

I can with the demo..doesn't work in full version?

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 19:33
No problem

I've been fiddling around and there IS a little copy and paste icon in the web-bar style bit of the help menu which I didn't initially notice, and obviously you can also rightclick and choose copy to clipboard... BUT my point still stands, in the help menus you can't copy with Ctrl+C and thats the way I always do it!

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 21:12:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 21:12:57