Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 10:28
I have a game created with DB 1.13, but it should be compatible with DBPro.
I've patched DBPro with patch 3.1.

When I run the source some text appears (as normal), but when I press a key (to continue), a message box appears with the text: "Could not load bitmap at line 27". Line 27 contains this: Load Image "somebitmap.bmp",1
The image exists for sure. When I comment out the command I get another error: "Command is now obsolete at line 187" (or something like that).
But the problem is that the source is only ~180 lines of code. BUT... there is an include file, but line 187 is empty (the line below and the line above is a comment).

I get the first error message (could not load image.....) in most of the examples that came with DBPro.

Why do I get theese errors? Is it a bug?
What does command now obsolete mean if the line is empty? Is that a bug?

Thx in advance
TheCyborg
TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 10:57
Did you just double click on dba file, and hit F5? It creates the 'exe' file in same folder but doesn't appear to run it from there and therefore any load commands fail. If you then double-click the 'exe' file that was created, they work!

If when you load a dba file, you create a project when asked, things work ok.

I think this is most annoying.

I love it when a plan comes together
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 13:44
I have had the same problems also, but I found a quick way round it is before the first 'load bitmap' or 'load image' or 'load *anything external*' just add a line of code to specify where the files are kept. EG.

cd "c:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic\myproj\arse\"

You only have to add it before the FIRST loaded file, as after that DBPro will stay in the same directory.

However, you may well find as I do that DB1 code just doesn't work too well in DBPro anyway

Hope this helps, give it a try

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2002 20:07
Well I didn't double-click the file. Opened DBPro and pressed open source, then browsed to the file.
I don't think it's because of DBPro can't find the files because I tried opening the .bmp with MSPaint (DOH) and convert it to 256 color bitmap and it worked, but after reinstalling windows ME again it did not work once again.

Anyone else have this problem.
Thx for the help anyway.

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 20:54:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 20:54:32