Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / A 3D Model import and Animation export program?? Would DBP ....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Would anyone here need a program that was able to import .3DS or .X models, enable the user to animate them and then export the animations in a file format usable by DBP for use with animation of objects like the .x animation files do with the various commands..

I personnaly can't afford and/or do not want to afford 3DSMAX, the modelling program I use is anim8or which is good but will not export animations in this fashion, How hard would it be to create a program able to do the above mentioned things to enable people like myself to animate the object within the said program and save out animation files to be used in DB/DBP??

What features would people needing this program or one like it expect or like to have available (needed ones only not nice to have or just incase ones..)
1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 11:03
Not sure exactly what you're asking (sorry) but you can import and animate and export loooooooooads of filetypes with MilkShape, and its cheap, and a better modeller than Anim8or

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Matto
Years of Service
User Offline
well I mean a program to use only for animation of models..

you import a model animate it and export the animation.

1ghz Cel,512 sdram 133,Gf2 MX 400 64,SBL 5.1,Win98
Best Upcoming MMOG - http://WWW.Atriarch.com
Project: Card Game with No Name

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-15 07:26:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-15 07:26:11