Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dragon warrior / Final fantasy menu help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I'm just a newbie coder and I would just like to know how to or just get an idea how to make a menu like dragon warrior or final fantasy I'M STUCK PLEASE HELP!

Whom ever can help me THANKS.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2002 09:23
=P click zones... ghosted plains... plains if you want... sprites... bitmaps... look into those
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2002 09:24
thats just a rought outline but its somethings to think about
Float
Years of Service
User Offline
sprites work well use buttons by mousecoordinates, and change the color of image in sprite to create hover

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2002 00:38
I would actually figure out exactly what menus you require, because without it you'll be coding in circles all day.

Once you understand what the menus are for and the options, I'm sure someone will be happy to give you a button and layout function for developing them quickly

alot depends on the control setup on how you'll need it all done... is it to be mouse controlled, keyboard?
is the menu for battles, chat, items, etc...?

remember planning is paramount - getting rid of all the whatifs before you code mean you only have to worry about the actual code whilst in development ... and even that you could plan on roughly how you'd do it all, perhaps a single function that activates menus with the mouse over - or level based subroutine menus, each subroutine a section of the menu

So much you can plan and work out before even coding, this will help you ALOT especially in a large scale project suchas an RPG which requires extreme ammounts of meticulous planning

[b] New interactive driving system... i like my new blue and black steering wheel [b]
Seph
Years of Service
User Offline
Using keyboard-controlled menus, you could make a variable to change every time you pressed the up or down key, and make it position a graphic by each menu item.
For example:
make object sphere 1,3
Rem Load your pointer object.
Set cursor 3,0
rem To give room for the graphic
Print "MENU 1"
set cursor 3,1
Print "MENU 2"

Rem Variable for the menu.
menusel=0
Rem Now, have the if-then statements in a loop to change the menu.
if menusel=0 then position object 1,xxx,yyy,zzz (put where you'd like it to be)
if menusel=1 then position object 1,xxx,yyy,zzz (again, wherever)

Rem Now, for something to happen:
if menusel=0 and returnkey()=1 then gosub menu1
if menusel=0 and returnkey()=1 then gosub menu1

There. I think that'd work, besides my obnoxious variables and parentheses commenting.

james1980
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks to you guys
I got an idea how do do it!
THANK YOU.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:51:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:51:03