Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Executable File Settings

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 11:44
Surely its possible, as it was in DB1 to add all the external files for a program (bmps, wavs etc.) into the *.exe file, so as the user of the program can't directly access the files and modify or steal them? However, ALL the methods listed under the 'Executable File Settings' tab of the project manager compile fine, but if I try and remove the separate media files the *.exe's won't run as stand alone?

Is this a (very annoying but hopefully soon to be fixed) bug, or am I being stupid and missing something?

I'm using DBPro with the latest patch installed under Win XP. Any help/input much appreciated, thanks
* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
You are not stupid.
You are missing something.
Are you adding the media through the blue media button at the LR corner of the IDE interface?
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2002 21:28
Ahhh thanks I missed that! I think maybe in my excited haste I have skipped past learning about some important things! (Only had the Pro version 4 a few days, and going mental trying out every new command) I shalld give this a try and hopefully that'll be it Thanks v much for saving me time/anguish!

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-30 18:08:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-30 18:08:07