Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / New Game Tag (^_^)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 05:38
Hi ya'll ... now some of you may notice i've changed my siggy again - don't worry my lil Santa Gir is almost done, just have a few finishing touches within Flash and hopefully will be done in a few days.
Its a pitty the animation frames here are limited because i had something really cool planned, but i'm not much of a 2D Artist so i filled alot of frames trying to make it blend right.

Well anyways i've just finished a snazzy little game tag which will be available for everyone I help out from now on... so rather than people wanting my Real Name blah,blah you can just plug in the tag and woohoo! i'm instantly credited - puffy will be getting it soon for what was really a few spare mins work. and probably won't be seen by many people

I'm still getting used to editing within Paintshop from scratch but I think for an hours work this isn't too shabby, some will probably want to disagree - but hey its to please me not everyone else so anyone who wants to flame away ... I have my special aspectos undies on today
Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!http://members.lycos.co.uk/timesaga/darkbasic/rvtoken.jpg[/img]
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 05:40
lol well thats sods law... the first time i post with it - the forum doesn't feel like showing it.

(^_^) hopefully that will work hehee, i reckon murphy is standing by and this time the bloody thing will work hahaa

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 04:49
aww everyone hates it
hehee ... i guess no comments could be a good thing

Be good to get some sort of comments on it because it was about an hour in Paintshop, so any help to what I could do.
i'm gonna add a highlight to the sides to make them looke like the writing and the actual Raven Vegeta part is gonna be able to come down as i'm gonna animated it - how i'm not sure but i wanna kinda make it look like a machine with 2 pump style pistons.

Any ideas for that would be cool

Programmer for Christ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 05:16
Hey, it looks good Raven

What do you mean by the machine pistons?

Ideas:
1. Use a gif and make the black transparent for the web
2. Make it a little smaller size, because it looks unbalanced when you post

Your life is important,
Others care about you,
Especially the one who made you.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 05:51
Did u draw the charcter or just use an image.

I could recreate your work in about 5 minutes so it aint anything to drool home about.

sorry u can do much better with all your bragging hey?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 07:10
Picture is from Mageki Nakumai (^_^) compiled an animated gif for Vegeta in the Rain from it ... i think its currently my av for my own forum.

its not so much a braggin' peice of work so if thats what you thought then erm ... i wonder what made you think it

its actually to be my tag to be placed on all games i'm invovled developing - kinda like my own personal logo.
And i want to make it quite eye catching and nice to look at which is kind why i want comments

if you can remake in 5mins then feel free to if it makes you happy hehee be nice to see how you would do it.
would like some comments on what you think I could do to improve it...

it'll have the back part transparent in the end but right now there is no call for it which is why it isn't

But pistons is, ya see the litte area seperated which has my name on it... well that will come down and reveal pistons in it's place and they'll expand like they're moving it - unfortunatly I can't really think of anything else, perhaps I can have it move enough to flip over have the pistons on the side with kinda brackets that hold it there and a cylinder... yeah and flip it over to show something etched on the back

i dunno would be cool if you guys could help me decide what.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 07:19
Picture is from Mageki Nakumai
Is that you?

Who is that person, they drew this and you didnt?

so exploiting this image makes you excellent?

seems like plagerism to me.

I as an artist wouldnt even dream of using another image I had the skills to draw another of similar style or quality.

Once again its someone elses work u display, not the first time.

Also where do u work?.

Id like to see an image of your cubicle in your office space or something to that effect.

A website link or an email also would suffice.

Even your bosses name so we can offically curb this industry dominance u cry about all the time.

I highly doubt at the moment u have any job in the industry unless u can prove me 100% wrong>? Id like to see that...

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 07:38
:\ you guys are really really weird you know that...
I've given you the name of the guy who made it, if you don't recognise it then its really not my problem.
The picture itself right now is my Avatar but a scaled down version from the original prints.

I'm not sure how my work comes into this, as this is for you guys not them ... i'm pretty sure they wouldn't tag anything i work on

seriously you guys are really really weird, and i've been down the road of letting people know what site i work at who i work under and such before ... there is no way in hell i'm putting up with that kinda crap again!
So if you doubt me then thats your tough, because you don't pay me

Simple has already said two names who have nothing to do with employment infact one of them doesn't even work at this site and i've never met myself.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 07:46
also what do you mean this isn't the first time i've displayed someone elses work?

explain to me hmm... as i noted in the first post the actual picture of VEGETA in the background isn't mine.
Just as everytime i use anyone else's artwork.

I know you've accused my brother's avatar which i developed specifically for him in the RGT forum which he was kicked from was accused of being on the internet somewhere - which made me laugh really hard as when i was told i had my actual sketch in my hand at the time.

I'm getting extremely sick and tired of everyone witch hunting attitudes so just grow up - i mean if you're gonna accuse me of stealing work for gods sake do it properly, why the hell would i steal such poor quality sketching as that in the first place? I wouldn't period.
Geez you guys need some sorta a life if all you want to do is trying tearing me apart all day, it is tiresome and annoying.

If you can do identical in 5mins do so and put your soddin' llama in the background, then you can smile knowing you've beaten someone with very weak 2D knee's ... geez

I dunno what the hell is up with all ya'll recently just seem'd completely fucked up to me, and if you don't like something just say rather than insulting me.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 08:17
And the walls of Troy start to crumble.

Remember when you or your brother( prolly the same person ) posted a quake model with some alterations that wasnt your model to start with claiming it would revolutionise the animation procedures for your games in DB1.

If u dont have much 2d skills how did u make the leap to 3d?
Do u soley rely on a 3d application for your artistic ability? so your road to 3d has Swiss cheese holes the size of texas withhout much 2d capabilites.

I hate to imagine the steps you take to skin something in 2d if your so inept ?

YOu claim to be a big noted game developer, but when criticised you fail to produce any remarkable distinction between yourself and a plagerist.

If i worked somewhere and I really worked there and I was proud of my work Id mention the place so we can verify.

Asking for verification isnt a big deal, You seem to think it is.
If u really worked at a place of business, whats the harm in telling me that info.

Scared your little dream bubble might pop?
Thats a few years of self denial to deal with if thats the case.

Got no pride in your work?, your actually the janitor there?, your not respected at your place of business to mention it?

Still waiting for some info and to be proved wrong actaully.

So where do u work?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 09:47
Not really a troy to crumble here... you're just kinda well being a jerk here.

I didn't make any leap to 3D as you put it, infact i've done 3D before you put texture|skins on them - if anything the transition was suppose to be to 2D, however I've always had a skinner artist so why piss about with a skill i don't much have when i can concentrate one what i do have?

As for that model, the post clearly indicated it was a placement model and i didn't think i had to mention it was from Quake3 because it was glaringly obvious to everyone - i never made mention that I created. So try again indi!

I'm not ashamed about my work or where I work... what I am ashamed at is the attitudes of people.
At my last job people would turn up and act like they knew me to get through the doors - and quite frankly I'm not having any of that bullshit again.

If ya'll want half ass remember facts do it to someone else because right now you're becomming tiresome ... so

:: YAWN ::

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 11:57
Silly person u still didnt mention where u work.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 05:22
No I wont and not going to... this post is about the artwork provided - either comment on how you'd improve it or fuck off, draggin' my life into this thread isn't gonna help me develop a more eye catching tag.

As you do have a considerable amount of years experience on me within this field you could actually be being helpful but instead your just actin' like a jerk

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 06:13
Point 1:
There is no excuse to swear in any shape or form.
It only shows your lack of professional atititudes towards what u think are your peers.

It also shows what respect you have when someone criticises your work with (cynnical objective) opinions regarding other peoples artwork since u cry foul all the time of software piracy.
Isnt artwork piracy the same thing?.

Point 2:
I told u what I think of your artwork, its based on plagerism. Its simple enough to create in 5 minutes, there isnt anything special with it.

Whats the symbolism with the piston?.

U need to unify your skills in 2d composition and tell us a visual story with your artwork.

Have a reason why u use that character and a piston.
They dont relate in any way really.

You didnt think about the composition or layout or symbolism.

Something u should have a firm grasp of being in the industry and all.

3d composition isnt so far fetched from a 2d compostiion.
The skills required are actually the same when it comes to visual composition of an image.

Point3:
As you do have a considerable amount of years experience on me within this field.

Lol, Your whole existance on this planet fits into my computer years.
I had a GD business when you were probably laying logs in your diapers.

I still learn things from you regarding 3dsmax, allthough asking my friends who work in the industry on small projects like farscape / the matrix and moulon rouge tell me other methods and options u dont mention.
Whether that is a lack of applied knowledge on your behalf or a lack of information presented when u reply.

The lessons I learn in max from your posts tho are littered with egotistical remarks.

Some of the best 3d modellers and animators are actually well rounded people who dont need to resort verbal abuse.

They dont need to prove themselves everyday like u seem to do and challenge every critique with either a foul mouth or a slaggin match.

They have quite the opposite and are very keen to show you aspects if you have the patience to learn it and the want to learn it.

point4:
Its been 3 years since I have tolerated your attitude, which seems to be a result of your inept ability to handle criticism or delever it with a tone of respect.

If u dont like what I have to say dont reply.
Your happy to dish out harsh comments but when the sword is pointed at you, you have to result to verbal abuse.

You handled that criticism like a child.

You would think that after all this time you would have made some alliances and been a little more robust in your replies with how ppl egg you on.

point5:
I still doubt u have a job in the industry.
Prove me 100% wrong and Ill respect your opinion.

At the moment i dont believe you and since u cant validate yourself why should we beleive you.

Point6:

If your going to be hostile and volatile all the time then u wont have many friends at the end of the day.

Point 7:
Its hard to decipher who it is thats actually talking, whether it be you or your brother.
Whether u use this as an excuse to make a new comment or you have a mental condition that makes u hear people or become bi polar then i feel sorry for you if thats the case.

Isolate your posts between yourself and your brother so there isnt any miscommunication.
Maybe get a nickname each it would make things a lot more clear which brother is speaking.

Point 8:

Ive been in and out of many Media houses since I have performed freelance jobs for over 15 years.

Anyone with your current attitude gets fired the first day.

the only ones that dont are related to the boss and are tolerated by all employess but dont get asked out to lunch much.

Ive seen your kind many times. All mouth with heaps of bragging but when it comes to actually getting the job done u cry and whinge and make people waist time on your own workloads.

point 9

In my experience I have found that anyone who champions the bit too much , (in your example its using pirate software)
are actually the worst perpetrators for it.

your welcome to reply to all of these comments.
try not to resort to swearing tho, it shows your frustration and inept ability to communicate your opinions and views.

another important skill to have in team ventures in a real world professional workplace.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 07:13
For gods sake... sit back and take a look at your own post here?

Oki i'll make this short and sweet, then you can go back to whatever dank little developers rooms you've come from and just sit there alone!

The tags does bode alot from me in it, if you can't see that then i'm not sure what kinda an artist you are ...
Firstly I have full permission to use the picture of Vegeta from the original artist. But I did not credit that to myself, so how you get i playgerised it is pretty much beyond me - especailly as the tag will only be for DB users, so well geez! What are you gonna do for an encore?

Secondly i don't care if you get confused who is speaking myself, my brother(s) or my sister ... because we all have different styles, and they certainly are more forgiving than myself - oh plus the different usernames might help!

Thridly, i'm not here to please you or perform fo you.
If i don't have your respect then thats fine, i'm not gonna show you anything to the contraty thats your problem.

I don't mind critism, but what you wrote wasn't even close it was a flame pure and simple!
And what i find interesting is that Simple hasn't join'd in - why do only you have your panties in a bunch this time?

As I've said this who "mighter than thou" attitude from people is getting tiring. Perhaps when you do grow up you can lecture me about my language which I'll use how i jolly well see fit, and as I see it plain terms is about all your gonna understand.

:: yawn ::

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 07:52
Is that your response?

It only cements in my mind your complete lack of professional repsect.

It also shows what u would be like under pressure and in a team environment.

So eager to flame with assumptions.

You failed to address most of the comments I presented to you in an plausable manner.

You cant be respected with that attitude, nor taken seriously about whatever u say from now on in my eyes.

I gave u a chance to prove me wrong.

It was a really easy question but u cant seem to address it.

I dont think u realise you have a major issue with criticism

I spent a while composing my arguments which were not tainted with swear words or assumptions about where i live or work.

I wont bother again to try to show u these annoying faults u display, you obviously are so deluded not to listen to anyone regardless of race creed or culture.

How silly do u look firing insults at me, when im describing in detail some issues u have and have to deal with that could make u a well respected person if you curb your angry venting.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 13:02
OK..... i'm here ( sounds like thats how you want it )

Quote: "
I don't mind critism, but what you wrote wasn't even close it was a flame pure and simple!
And what i find interesting is that Simple hasn't join'd in - why do only you have your panties in a bunch this time?
"

Panties un-bunched !! you say that you don't mind critism (yeah, right ) only if it praises you ... if there is anything in the critism that resembles >> ( thats wrong, or this shuold be done like this, or that doesn't look very good ) then away you go... saddled up on your high horse.

I think that indi has some very good points there... but as usual, you refuse to listen. I agree with indi 100%

As for the names I mentioned ... I doubt you even know who they actually are and what they do.

I personally think you work at Sainsbury's as a shelf filler.
Quote: "
if you work at sainsbury's they don't make you buy a full uniform then ontop of that get a cashdesk at home to practise and perhaps extra frills for it like an infrared scanner to practise on... no you turn up your paid bugger all you go home and grumble.
"

You seem to know how Sainsbury's works vegeta >> *you turn up your paid bugger all you go home and grumble.*

Now that sounds like you to a "T"

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 14:18
Shame you can't edit your post... never mind, i'll post another.

Anyways, here's my conclusions on Reaven vegeta >>>

You wake up to your miserable life and go to work as a Supermarket shelf filler... stack shelves all day for minimum wage, then catch the bus home.

You then go to your room ( cos you have no where else to go due to the lack of freinds ) ... you pick a few spots, then turn on your PC and loose yourself in this Fantasy bubble you live in.

Pretending to work for a respected game company in the hope that this will automatically gain you respect as well. You leach off of the hard work of others and claim you had a part in their making. ( NOT )

In your little dream world, you give it the "BIG I am" "look at what I'm involved in" "arn't I great"

Then the gullible people of the forum ( usually the younger generation ) say "Wow, wish I could do that" and "I whish I had your job"

And there ya have it >> another nights fantasy fulfilled... pick a few more spots - turn off PC - wake up to your miserable ( I have no career working for Sainsbury's life ) ... pick a few more spots and stack shelves all day, wondering why the girls always snigger at you as you walk past them.

Raven vegeta >> THIS IS YOUR LIFE <<

This post was made without the need to resort to a limited vocabulary. Copyright 2002 - Simple

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 30gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom - CDRW - Firewire - ATI TV card - All linked to another PC with higher spec
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 14:58
indi, i've already been told off once tonite for letting my anger get the better of me on this.

ya know this is kinda funny because I ain't gonna back down ... your not finding out where I work, even if I told you the company there are 3 sites and they're all pretty large - never even met people on some teams so have fun trying to find out anything you want because I find it hard enough internally
i'm still trying to find out the phone number for my dept. seriously no one is quite sure, we were calling the directory of them with our cells

but the bottom line is you ain't getting nothing from it, if you think about it - if i was a resourceful teen i could take a picture of say the universities 3d and programming labs ... would give you the same effect
so really i doubt that'd prove a thing myself.

i could be really funny and jump out the window run over to the building across the road and take pics of thier offices
but then you might wonder why the word Blizzard is everywhere
but would be funny ... hehee

i can't take you guys seriously and if you did take careful time to construct your post then i'm sorry but you obviously have WAY to much time on your hands.

this is probably the main difference between me and you guys who seem to have a problem with me lately ... i don't, i work very long and very hard to get what i have.
sorry if it is making you feel so bad, but at the end of the day i wouldn't trade any of this apart from a single thing. But thats impossible so there really is nothing.

i don't complain at work, i love it, i love the people i work with, i love the atmosphere we have. None of us are here for the temporary, we're all together because we get on not because we're forced together. It is incredable to work with friends everyday!

we can achieve more than you'd think is possible, you only have to look about at the very product everyone is using here to see this fact.
i'm different here than i am with my friends, because i don't fit into the neat little peg that is the adverage user here.
And I don't play any of you, i'm not sitting around here thinkin' "oh how can i flame simple today" and scour the forum for ages until i find something i can quote.

and if any of you actually do then stop bitching to me that you don't believe me because you have doubts about it being possible ... if you don't put in the time for what you do - then no you won't achieve what you want!

i'm kinda thankful i have 3 weeks holiday from next week, because i'm gonna get away from all of the crap i'm having to put up with right now.

and sorry if this isn't a carefully structured post like yours indi - but right now i'm working on something hehee, as i'm always doing so.

ya know what has me chuckling is one mentions of simple's name and ... hahaa yes well hahaa

sorry but in the past week there have been a few of you that have lost my respect, there ain't nothin in hell that'll bring it back either. i mean you probably don't care if some jumped up upstart respects you or not, but hey just letting ya'll know anyways.

(^_^) certainly gonna be an interesting few weeks, but yup yet to be proved wrong on my point... looks like i'm gonna be earning the easiest $500 ever

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:33:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:33:32