Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBpro Bugs Forum (IDEA)....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
To this DBpro web Admin......
I suggest to create special forum thread about "DBpro Bugs Report Forum", I think this will make bug reporting and discussions more easier and controlled, because most of the other forum threads are turned to keep discussing DBpro bugs?? which gives the feeling that DBpro is 100% bugy ??

Regards
MaxPoweR
UberTuba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 13:48
I agree

Life is a terminal disease.
You never survive it.
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 19:21
Ya, I can't see why there isn't a bug forum already... kinda stupid because all the other forums get littered with bugs, and then all the noobs say: I don't wanna buy it because it's all bugs.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 19:23
it is for DBDN to bug hunt, apparnetly

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2002 20:26
They don't do a terribly good job then...

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...
heartbone
Years of Service
User Offline
Try the RGT forums. http://www.realgametools.net/forums/
It's run by Guy Savoie, you may recognize the name.
He/they seem to do a much better job of supporting the language by helping to identify problems.
And they have a good bug forum.
MaxPower
Years of Service
User Offline
"it is for DBDN to bug hunt, apparnetly "

Most DBpro Users don’t have an access to DBDN, So they found this forum the only Shelter to Describe their emotions regarding the BUGS they Hunt: , so that, they start throwing their comments here and there ... I think DBpro team lost a lot of customers , because the (I’m thinking to Buy user) comes and find out the huge amount of bugs threads spread all over the forum. So they end up with a decision “that DBpro still incomplete ,and why should I spent my money in incomplete product??? “

All thanks
MaxPower
Dazzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 12:43
Rich did state he would implement a bugs board about a month ago, wonder whatever happened to this idea!

Dazzy
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 12:57
@MrTAToad: Given a week between Beta and release how well would you do? We weren't too happy about it ourselves.

I have entered a suggestion on DBDN about a bug reporting/handling system - we'll see what the response is from the DBDNer and DB team.

Part of the problem is that no-one wants to be swamped with bug reports like 'xxxxx doesn't work', or 'me too' type posts. It takes just as much time to look at the crap reports as it does to look at the good ones.

Bug reports should always be accompanied with at minimum a piece of code that reproduces the problem. If the code requires media, then put the whole thing into a zip file and post the url ... but don't just tell us 'it don't work'!
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 20:31
I always supply code (and graphics) that shows what is wrong, especially to Mike/Lee

I do think that these patches should be main universially availiable before general release - more people would be able to find further problems both with the normal and unusual commands.

Good news everybody! I really am THAT good...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 20:48:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 20:48:15