Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Concept Drawing (all are welcome to criticise)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 02:40
Hey everyone,
Just drew a picture of a character named Jen for a friend of mine. A lot of people tell me the right arm is a bit too muscular, which is fair enough (I'm having trouble showing her demon strength). I just wanted some more feedback from people about it. I'll probably draw her again later (and add some colour in Photoshop). Anyway enjoy
Sina.
PS: There are other (and better) images on my site, just go to the CGI section at http://xenla.tripod.com.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 02:42
Hmm, it seems tripod doesn't like me trying to like my images on this forum.
Go to http://xenla.tripod.com/My_CGI/Jen1.jpgif the image doesn't work.
Sina.

"Maybe if you ain't so good, I ain't so bad."--Tony Manero to Stephanie (Karen Lynn Gorney)
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 04:45
ya'll heard him ... i have animnimity here!
i wish i could critise alot of them
some nice sketch's thou, perhaps works a little on form and material shading but quite cool.

only one i can have a big quibble about is Jen, her body is well - looks like someones sliced her in half and stuck the body back on to the side a bit ...
perhaps pay more attention to her female assets as well, try not to make them so big like that - remember they're kinda more tear shaped

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 07:38
Heeehe, I'll take that in mind for the next pic. Thanks though, that was a far more original reply then I normally get. I thought the threads title would grab you, at least I hoped it would because I wanted truthful answer. Thanks again, and nice signature pic BTW.
Sina.
All others are also welcome to reply

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 07:52
hehee thanks (^_^) alot of work to still go on it, but i'm getting there slowly.

actually something i noticed just as i finished replying was actually i think it looks a lil off because the body is in one pose but the legs seem to want to do another that'd break the poor girls spin hehee ...
perhaps you could draw some new legs that kinda face the way the body does, inline as it were - then just edit together in paintshop or photoshop (^_^)

i think the marine sketchs are cool thou
noticed a few render tests for the trueSpace Render Engine, some interesting renders. Kinda like the hall one with the swords ... would look pretty awesome if you placed a touch on the wall using that as the light point probably a deep yellow hue, and make use of tS 5.1's particles

Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 11:47
The particle density settings in Truespace rule. The knights hall pic was actually done in Truespace 3, and quite a while ago too, so I haven't really touched it. The marines are actually pretty easy to draw sicne there's so much material for Warhammer 40k on the net. I often run into trouble with proportions when I try to come up with more original work, but hey i'll get it one day. My next picture of Jen should be much better but again thanks for the reply.
Sina.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2002 11:53
i've found the best way to keep the perspective and such is to draw light skeletal internals, and sections then ontop of that draw a rough sketch. Clean it all up then detail

isn't a quick process but helps me alot

Garfield1983
Years of Service
User Offline
Just wanted to say I love your Truespace CGIs! Hopefully i'll be able to do something similar someday, i'm checking out the Truespace website now.

I love your hand drawn images too, Jen looks pretty mean! keep up the good work!=)
Disco Stu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2003 02:47
Hey thanks!
To be honest most of the Truespace CGI on my page only took around 15 minutes, and most of that time was taken up by choosing appropriate textures! Gotta love Truespace for its ease of use.
I'm glad you like my work and I hope to see what you can do if you ever get Truespace .
Sina.
PS: Wow, it's been ages since anyone replied to this thread.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:41
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 05:55:41