Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I'm trying to write some functions to be included in a dll with my project, and I was wondering if anyone has done this using vb6. I can create an active x dll with some functions in it but I can't seem to call them from dbpro. Anybody done this before?
Hubdule
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 20:35
This is (currently) NOT possible because DBPro can't load AcitveX DLL's .. tried that a few times.

ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
When I tried it it seems to load the dll, but it can't call any functions. So does that mean you can only make dlls in visual C++ that can be loaded and called by dbpro?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2002 22:55
When you create a DLL using VB6, the DLL exports classes and not the static functions that DBPro is expecting.

That has given me a thought ... can you create a static class function in VB6, and if so, can that be called. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, and has VB6, can they try it?
ZomBfied
Years of Service
User Offline
Stata whatey? Who?

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 00:23
I'm going to assume that you understand classes and member functions.

A static function is a function that belongs to a class, but is not attached to any instances of that class.

Hmm... that's probably as clear as mud, and it's getting late here!

I've tried a 'shared public' member function in VB7(.NET) but that doesn't work. But to be quite honest, I didn't expect it to.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 17:27:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 17:27:33