Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 04:57
Hi, I am excited about DBPro. I can't wait until I get the hang of programming with it. I just wanted to say that I can't understand the command examples. I click on the command in the index that I want to see an example how it is used, and I see alot of stuff in the example that I have no idea what is yet. Some examples don't even have the command in it unless I'm missing them. All I want is a simple example on the commands, not a complicated thing I can't even figure out.

Does anyone have a way I might be able to understand some of the commands without all the jiberish ?

I hope I can start understanding some of the things I don't understand yet so I can start putting out some good programs.

UnseenGhost
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2002 18:05
If u click help, commands and then the topic you want eg core commands, text, basic3d etc. the you get a listing of commands in blue. The writing to the right of them in black states how you should use each command separately, and if you click on the blue writing you get a more thorough description of what the command does, and longer examples, including the (how you put it) jiberish!

If you need help with any specific command, or completing a specific task, ask away and I may just be able to help you

Persevere, don't try to run b4 u can walk, and good luck!!

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 03:07
Hi,

Thankyou so much Kangaroo2, I will start right now looking at where you said.

UnseenGhost

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 13:57
No probs m8, I too remember being new to basic. Admittedly I was 7 years old! lol But you're never too l8 to start, and DBPro is easily the best language I've used, all in all

Ratty Rat
Years of Service
User Offline
Kangaroo2 - I thought UnseenGhost was talking about the stuff you see if you click on 'View Showcase Example' or 'View Usage Example' links - which sadly show large blocks of generic code which demonstrate a whole bunch of commands, not just the one you want.

I agree that it could be much better, ideally it should have a simple piece of code (or snippet) specifically written to show that one command.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 23:25
I agree they are rubbish, and too generallised. Maybe they were rushed for release, or maybe they were the only bits of code that originally worked because of the massive ammount of bugs b4 the patch came

Unseen Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 03:12
Hi again,

Your right Ratty Rat, I was talking about the view usage examples and the showcase examples. I took a look and I still can't find anything that just shows an example of any one command. I also thought that the Reference manual could have been better, like having example code for all the commands. Don't get me wrong I love DBP and can't wait until I get the hang of it.

Before DBP came out, I preordered it through an e-mail that I got. While I was waiting for it to arrive, I was using DarkBasic Demo version 1.07 and I learned a good amount from that. Now DBP has new commands that I have to get use to.

UnseenGhost

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 20:48:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 20:48:53