Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Darkmatter models in dbp patch 3.1..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 15:32
Hi there, playing about last night, if I load in the dune buggy model from DM, the limbs get all out of place! Plus if I load the zombie creature in, and do loop object, nothing plays.. anyonce else had this using DM models in Pro ?

Cheers
Mike Johnson
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 20:40
Are you loading the X or 3DS versions of the models? Support for X files is currently much better than 3DS.

Mike
JimB
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 20:46
Yes I've had this with the 3DS models X seems ok.

JimB

David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 21:39
Have you tried LOOP OBJECT O,5,20? DM's objects seem to loop with those frames.

And I've had no problems.

Merry Christmas to all Apollo members!
Visit [url]www.lightning-systems.co.uk[/url] :: [url]www.realgametools.net/forums[/url]
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 23:18
My Dark Matter doesn't have *.x files on the cd (?) but a converter to change the 3ds files to x. Its an official shop bought one, is this right or is my cd not reading properly????

Anyway the 3ds files and the converted x files load fine but don't animate at all, whether you specify play object or loop object, or loop object 1,5,30

Really annoying because I wanted to use them for quick production in this Competition b4 the 20th Grrr

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 23:35
JUST found out how to fix this! (possibly)

Are you clicking the blue 'media' button in the bottom right of the screen then adding the 3ds/x file? I just did and now my model animates. I often forget to do this as you didn't have to in DB1

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 10:30
Hi there, ah, I wasn't trying the Media button, I was just using "load object" with full path to the .3ds file, I'm letting Pro convert to .x on the fly. I'll try the media button later, and forcing loop from 0-50. I also noticed if I load the buggy into MS3D via the DX8 import, the limbs are seperated out from the main model there too, looks a little "exploded".

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 10:24:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 10:24:50