Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / lightwave/3dmax scene exporter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Last Time I used max was version 2 . anyways I want to create a scene exporter for max now,the lightwave ones working. Do you load individual objects into max?
Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 17:08
Well, were (well kohai) working on one at the moment. Perhaps a week or so and it'll be released..

l8r,
Kevin Picone
[url]www.uwdesign.50megs.com[/url]
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, thought you guys are doing stuff a bit lower level than me. Iam just doing the location rotation and scale routine i did with lightwave

pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
lol if your doing that theres not much point in me porting mine over . Ill stick to adding light/camera animation to my lightwave exporter.

Kevin Picone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2002 22:14
Nah, we just needed a world editor and figured max would be fine. It's designed for use with DB/Dbpro and of course Vis Worlds..

I'll have to write a vis world map exported for your lightwave scenes too.

However, I'm not saying don't write one.. feel free.. the more tools the better really...

l8r,
Kevin Picone
[url]www.uwdesign.50megs.com[/url]
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 04:01
Check out the examples provided within Max's Importer/Exporter portion of the SDK - shows you several formats, and DirectX is also within the Extra's download of the DirectX SDK (^_^)
also could always just script it, which all the help for is in the help file of max

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
pathfinder
Years of Service
User Offline
okay iam going to play then. Good thing really cause I think exporting camera animations going to be painful. Ill check out the meblock mesh commands, about time I played with them. See if I can examine a single vertex and position the camera to that.

Iam hoping that the demo version of max has max script because thats the only way Iam going to get access to it

I should buy Vis for my real life work really, lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 13:30:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 13:30:48