Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / Image blender (does corners and straight blends)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 10:19
Heh didnt notice others have already made these, but heres another (btw Phaelax my image blender says it will kick your image blenders ass).

I got tired of mucking around in photoshop, so I just wrote a simple little program that blends two images together. Youll get 3 exported images ideal for terrain tilesets. A straight vertical blend, a inner corner blend and a outer corner blend. Its pretty easy to tweak the code to get a blend for every 8 sides, but these 3 are really enough if you just use rotation.

I tested a couple different combos and most looked perfect, but one or two looked a little funky. Let me know if you get any buggy results.

Enjoy!

All you need is zeal
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2004 12:46
I bet mine's faster!
Hmm, I just got an idea. And it'll beat yours up!

"eureka" - Archimedes
Zeal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2004 03:00
Bring it sucka.

I guess I shoulda used the word transition in the subject line, because thats why youd really use this code. If you need a transition texture between two other textures, not really just blending two textures together. Oh well hopefully somebody will get some use out of it.

All you need is zeal

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 00:33:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 00:33:22