Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / huge bug list on American site...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 03:35
see this huge bug list on the American site:

http://www.realgametools.com/yabbse/index.php?board=18;action=display;threadid=7178
What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7.
Puffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 04:01
uh yeh... there are a lot of bugs... i dont blaim dbp... =P all programs have bugs... hence patches...
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 12:14
I do expect most of them to be sorted though, especially the fundemental ones.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2002 03:15
sorry but most of these "so called bugs" are noob-faults cause they don't understand how DBP works.
Example:

"every 2d thing on the screen (havent tested 3d) gets covered up by a big blue screen except for sprites which seem fine. making a whole screen full of sprites is not what I want, i want paste image and text and stuff!"

i think, using the backdrop command would had helped him out of this problem like in DB too

"Texture blurring on sprites makes them look poor."

getting out edges at the price of picture sharpness, thats what blurring is for, like everyone who ever used the blur command in a Photo shop or progs like that, would agree. so his "bug" comes from low-res picture in combination with blurring

most other "bugs" have the same reasons why they don't work

Washington Irving
Years of Service
User Offline
I have read that the "Texture blurring" deal is the WINDOWED-FULL SCREEN mode scaling 640x480 to fill 1040x768. setting to FULL SCREEN EXCLUSIVE or using the SET DISPLAY MODE Command clears things up. I tried it and it worked for me.

That was far more helpful to a noob than a post about how noobs are stupidly thinking the wrong way about DBPro.

Mentor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2002 15:26
there are problems with INK in pro that cause some people to find that images are drawn in the background colour, when used (by experienced users) in conjunction with 3d and animation commands ink colours get set wrong or change to the matrix colour, texture blurring is caused by scaled images being antialiased in windows, not a function that was wanted, it just happens, not a result of ignorance but an unwanted "feature"

Mentor.

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2002 18:04
The blurring is possibly due to the mipmap setting (at least of GForce cards) to anything less than 'better graphics'.

Most of the bugs listed there are real bugs, though.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 01:34
You think the Realgametools sites bug list is big...you wanna see the list on DBDN 8)

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2002 02:43
But that is to be expected with beta versions, the difference is that beta versions are not usually masqueraded as the final product.

New command idea:

DISABLE BUGS(ALL)

or

SET DBPRO BEHAVIOUR = RELIABLE#

what is a signature?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2019-11-17 20:04:00
Your offset time is: 2019-11-17 20:04:00