Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Limb Polygon Collision

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 10:32
Hi there, does anyone know how I'd be able to do polygon collision on a specific limb rather than a whole model ? What I'd really like is object interect, but limb intersect Any ideas ? I know I could position a box around the limb and check on that, but keeping the box at the right offset, scale, rotation/angle is difficult (see my other post). For headshots, pretty simple, use a sphere at the head limb, but what about and arm..

Thanks
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 15:24
You can make a box, then use the glue object to limb command then hide it and check for collisions on that I should keep the same rotation and position of the limb if you get it in the right position before glueing/offsetting it? Hope u know what i mean

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Lampton Worm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 16:05
Yep, good idea - I'll try that and see how well it works. I'll have to make the box in Milkshape (rather than use make object box) so the offset isn't the centre of the shape by default. Unless I can position the box at the limb, at the offset position I desire, then hit glue and it'll all magically work/rotate together I can hope!

Cheers.
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 19:40
Should work if you offset it, but possibly not I havent tried. Making it in Milkshape would indeed fix this. Glad I could help

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 15:08:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 15:08:07