Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Cool RPG Speach Windows

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2002 17:49
Hi just made a tutorial for a Noob - viv2k which features this simple but cool program. It is no-where near optimised I purposely did it a longwinded way to make it easy to understand. Its very simple and obvious programming, but some people may find it useful

The Below code was Written by Sam Jones (samjones@kangaroo2.com) It is NOT copyrighted and you may use it any way you wish. Credit would be nice where appropriate Thank you

Please don't diss it its meant to be simple and longwinded to teach the basics

The full tutorial is at [url]http://www.myminehead.com/textbox noob tutorial.txt[/url]

Hope some1 finds this useful!
* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Epidemicz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hahahaha, I love that, this is sweet. I have been looking for a tutorial something like this. Many thanks my marsupialian friend ^^.

I am the very disease you pretend to be.
Kensupen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 02:06
You should make that into a function that you pass a message$, Xpos and Ypos. That would be nice.

-Kensupen
Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2002 15:24
Glad you liked it Epid

Thanks Kensupen - I actually do usually use functions for this but as I said this is a very simple to understand tutorial written by request for a complete noob.

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 02:58:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 02:58:08