Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / isometric tiles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,

heres a thing i've been working on in dbpro, it draws a isometric grid rollercoaster tycoon style and works out which tile the mouse is over. you can paint roads with left click or remove them with rightclick. move mouse to edge or arrowkeys to scroll.

any feedback welcome!

you can download the media needed here:
www.woodboro.co.uk/files/media.zip

thanks.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2004 20:50 Edited at: 4th Jun 2004 20:54
Cool

Tried to do somehting similar a while ago, but using matrices. I'll have a look.

[edit]

could you package it all up, code included? After downloading media nad copying the code into a dba, I get "Variable xoffset does not exist in program".

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
Tom_d
Years of Service
User Offline
ok ive zipped everything into one file which you can find here:

www.woodboro.co.uk/files/isosource.zip

are you running it in dbpro? i don't know if classic can use global variables if so that might be the problem.

if it still wont work try this

www.woodboro.co.uk/files/isoexe.zip

thats got the media and the exe file.

thanks for the support - hope this one works!
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 23:20
I'm using pro - the error that I posted was a pro one. I'll d/l and have a look

Two strings walk into a bar. I'll have a pint says the first$%ASLDJ09920D"$"$D. Excuse my friend says the second, he isn't null terminated.
David T
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2004 23:26
Got it running - afraid whenever I click I just get a blank screen. The yellow selection box does appear though.

Tom_d
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm thats a shame, runs fine on mine. do u think its because of different operating systems or graphics cards or something? I've noticed before that the same DB exe can act differently on 2 machines

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-13 08:41:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-13 08:41:00