Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / GEM3D DB Animation Program V1.0

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, Guess what? I'm making something cool for you. Have you ever made a model and asked your self, how would I animate this behemoth? Well I have the solution. It's called "Gem3D" and it allows you to animate any .x or .3ds model with relative ease. It works this way, you pick which frame you want to edit, then you pick the limb and a handy dandy pointer will help you to know what limb you are going to edit, then you reposition it and rotate it then do this over and over until you get tha whole model set for that frame, then you hit record and skip a few frames and do it again. It utilizes keframe animation, so you don't have to set up each frame. Also you can play the animation, loop, pause, stop, save, load, and start new projects. When you have it complete, just save it and append it to the model you animated in DB like the examples do and you are set! (yes this was made in db, and no screenshots are available until tommorow) Have any questions or suggestions just ask.

Love to love me baby!
Enclosed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 07:57
Sweet man great thinking. Cant wait for the release to see how its interface is. I wont need to work with that hard junk like bones and crap will I?
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 08:07
Making animation software is on my list for projects to do in DBP.

Really be interesting to see how yours turns out.

Quote: "no screenshots are available until tommorow"

Darn

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly known as Yellow)
Elthan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 11:18
I´m very interesting on find a program like this. Can your program write data in a .X (or 3ds) file or we need load a .dba?

Good luck!
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 17:57
In DBC you have lovely animation commands, I'm guessing Indecom is making use of these, IIRC you save the animation out to some weird file format that DB understands - you could'nt use this for anything but DBC I think.

Van-B

The nature of Monkey was irrepressible!.
Hamish McHaggis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2004 18:19
Sounds cool, but unless you're bringing out download/purchase links tomorrow too, this should probably be in the beta section.

Athelon XP 1600+/Radeon 9600 Pro/256 RAM
Indecom 4000
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I think it should, But It's a bit late for that unless a moderator wants to move it, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. As for the pics and a link, I won't be able to get them up for a little bit, my modem is being Homer Sectional so I will have to resort to using the internet at a local librarie. But it is coming along very well. So far this is what it can do:

select limb

position limb

rotate limb

select frame

play

pause

stop

go to end of animation

loop animation

record keyframe

rotate object for better view

zoom in/out

save animation

start new animation

If anyone has any ideas for what else I could add let me know, I'll get a beta out soon.

Love to love me baby!
Indecom 4000
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I am finished with GEM3D, and I must say that I am very satisfied, other than the obvious bugs that are always left to improve upon, I figure that I will tell you now, it will not load models with the .3ds extension for if you were to animate, you would be left unable to append the animation data to it, so I included a handy dandy .3ds to .x converter. Also, the biggest obvious drawback is that when you are animating, try not to test the animation until you are nearly or completely finished with the animation. Darkbasic has this problem where it will not let you rotate limbs in realtime, after appending animation data to them, so if you test it, you will be unable to edit it again. Also, after loading a premaid animation, you run into the same problem, can't animate. How do you fix this? just start a new animation where you left off and append that to the model aong with the other animations as well, in order obviously. Also, if your model is to small, you can resize it to make animating a bit easier. It also works very good as a model viewer, with an easy to use very snazzy graphic interface. My modem at home is still not working so it may be awhile yet until I post the download link. But, I think that it will be worth the wait!

Love to love me baby!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 02:36:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 02:36:14