Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Weird! Can't capture Dark Basic application screenshots with Hypersnap DX!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

Ehrm the topic title pretty much covers it,it will capture with for example Need for Speed but not with my own applications in Darkbasic, what do you guys use to capture screens?

Thanks!
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 00:53
Print Screen Button?

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Compton
Years of Service
User Offline
erhm that will send it to my printer right? I actually mean a capture on my pc to save as jpg
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 01:30
Ok, a more detailed way to make snaps Ordinary keyboards has the keys "print screen, scroll lock and pause" aligned. If u press the print screen it will actually make a snap of the current view... it works usually good with everything, including most of the games.
This snap is stored in a temporary memory. There are many ways to see this snap. U could either open the paint program from windows and press ctrl + v, so u will paste the image captured with print screen button or even using HyperSnap and pressing the same buttons (ctrl + v). This proceed shall work with most of the image editors u may have ( Corel Draw, Photoshop, Flash ).

hope it helps... it has been a long since I've used DB, but this should work

"Never argue with an Idiot, they will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
-- Rogue
Compton
Years of Service
User Offline
Nope, same problem it just gives a black screen when I paste it.
ToXic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 13:55
Print screen key works ok here with DB & DBP, and thanks Rogue I did not know that.

ToXic
Megaman X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 17:21

-- Rogue
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 20:30
Nope, Print screen doesn't actually "Print" the screen. IT just takes a shot of the screen and stores it in the clipboard. Open up your favorite graphics program, press "Paste" and away you go. That's usually the best way to do it. However, you can't take multiple shots, if you do, they will be over written. To take multiple shots, add some code to your program that saves a bmp of the screen when you press a certain key.

If you want a video of the program, you will need to use a program like hypersnap. If that doesn't work: make sure you have the correct hardware and such, software settings are correct, etc. If that doesn't work, try asking the company that made hypersnap. Or get another program.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Attreid
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm I come too late, but I've got an advice
( an advice or advice or some advice ? I don't know, because in french it's countable, but in english I'm not sure ).

if you want to take a screenshot from your game, use the commande save image

and if you want to block the print screen key :

I'm following John, but I'm not john.
Lol, it is funnier in french
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 02:01
Hypersnap won't work with DB Standard|Enhanced|Professional, simple reason is it access's an area which people who are simply using DirectX uses ... however from my understanding DB requires these areas for its own use

Be able to confirm this when the DB SDK is released.

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 02:25
Hypersnap? someones been on the NGEmu site..

xxxpetratxxx
B. R. W
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 02:28
whats the NGEmu?
Hypersnap-Dx is a DirectX Buffer Screenshot|Movie program, i've not heard of its use anywhere really outside of games magazine competitions because you can't actually fake the hypersnap photos - if you try its is aparent immediately to whoever opens it in a registered version

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Compton
Years of Service
User Offline
there is also a command? great I will try it from my source then.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:14:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:14:36