Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / whats in the box?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This is probably somewhere else on the forum, but i can't find it!

Simple question then, just as db came with tutorials, loads of models and some demo's does dbpro come with lots of models, tutorials and demos, or do you just get the prog?
power mousey
User Banned
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 13:34
okay, whats in the box.....but first hello

Now, you get a notebook strung bound of the command reference, a small reference+language manual, the cd with the set up language and its in an attractive plastic case...like the one 3d gamemaker came in.
I haven't used DBPRO that much....only for about 2 days.
Hardly any resouce stuff, except those contained in the example/sample program. There is a fps tutorial but can't make heads nor tails of it.
I'm mostly in 2d and making the change or learning 3d myself.
By the way, you can run DBPRO without the cd in the cd-rom drive by running the editor.exe program itself...rather than clicking on the shortcut in the desktop nor the launch exe program in the folder. I thank Mouse and others for that help.

I hope this answers your question a little.

Captain Flash
cragnut
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks captain flash, You've bin a great help

Fireburst
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 14:38
The bundled documentation could be a lot better IMHO. I think things will get better when the community start to make some tutorials.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is.
MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 16:32
Indeed - the tutorials should have been checked, and some of the help is rather terse.

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Guillermo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 17:33
I tried to run the program, after opening the editor, I opened a program. I tried to run it. But I got the message "Failed to validate compiler"

Have you guys been able to debug without the CD? If so, please, tell me where to find the editor.exe you found. I used the one in: "C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Editor"

Guillermo

MrTAToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 19:49
You'll need the CD every so often

Yes, I really am THAT good...
Nemesis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 20:54
That cd thing really is a pain in the ass. I can't even just leave the cd in a cd drive of one of the computers on my network and point to it from the other computers becuase it doesn't store the install drive anywhere, it just scans the cdrom drives until it finds the cd. I've seen this form of copy protection before though.

I know everything! At least I don't know anything I don't know.
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2002 22:55
yeah the 'cd in drive protection' is a major, major pain in the ass

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
----------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 03:53:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 03:53:24