Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 18:22
Before I got DBP I saw that you could your own shaders and that you could have a hair effect. How do I code hair?
Philip 1337
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 18:36
Could anyone help me with vertex shaders?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2002 21:11
depend whats graphics card you have... can give you the code for the effect - if you can run it is a different matter

Anata aru kowagaru no watashi!
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 01:00
does anybody know of an shader demos for DBPro? do they even work? and how do they work? (code)

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
Philip 1337
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2002 18:24
(To Raven Vegeta)
I have a GeForce 4 so i think i should be able to use it
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 05:37
you can use shaders, but you need the hardware, since I don't have the hardware, I can't test, and anything I can't test in DB I have serious doubts about.

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Kale
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 14:47
i have the hardware but i've never seen any shader stuff for DBPro yet.

What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD XP2100+, Geforce4Ti 4400, 512Mb DDR, Abit KX7, WinXP Home
exLRT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 15:30
To Raven Vegeta:

Could you post the shader file somewhere...I've got an GF4 Ti4600...

Ulric
ASUS A7M266 - AMD Athlon 1.4GHz - 512MB DDR266 - CreativeLabs GeForce4 Ti4600 - Windows XP Pro SP1
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 16:58
@Raven

I have a GF3 Ti200, please mail me the shader file

NOBODY has a forum name as stupid as Darth Shader. I do.
Zembla
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,
Vertex & Pixel shader must be implemented in 3d engine of DBPRO, but I've never seen them, the example doesn't work with my ATI radeon 8500 !

Kangaroo2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2002 22:05
I have a GForce4MX which whilst its is in a sense a "budget" card, is still v new technology - and they don't work for me either All the shadow and lighting effects work fin tho

* If the apocalypse comes, email me *
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 02:25
oki i'm gonna post up a shader demo ... everyone who wants to use it then please remember you'll need to make sure you have the best drivers

nVidia 38.82 (Win9x|2000)
nVidia 41.09 (WinXP|.Net)
Omega 1.4073

this stupid laptop doesn't have a GeForce capable of them, so i'll grab myself a 4mx whilst shopping monday - shouldn't be more the £50 right?

gonna code up the vfv script for it some more see if i can't atleast get it all debugged in the mean time, or if i see Puffy tonite i'll use him as a guiniepig

i'll make it a form of open source so ya'll can see how its been scripted
and just noticed that the TPF SDK is actually a page within the help file - not quite what i expected but certianly useful non the less hehee

puscifer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would stay away from the Geforce4 MX series they only have one vertex shader, compared to the GF4 TI series' two, and they don't have a pixel shader at all. If you want a budget video card with vertex & pixel shading capabilites, get something from the Geforce3 line.. a little more expensive than a GF4MX, but actually a much better card. GF4Ti > GF3/GF3Ti > GF4MX > GF2*

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 06:27
Actually is a poor coding team which can't use the Software versions of the shaders which are supported by all 4th and 5th Generation Cards...
And its also the Drivers which activate them, but then again Software not hardware issues - mainly because the actual hardware is identical just a single layer within the GPU is sacrificed, along with the micron cut.

Ho hum... that aside - gonna be using puffy to test sometime later tonite, i kinda forgot how bloody tempermental Shaders are. Right now i'm testing the actual Shaders themselves within C++ first using software Rasterisation on my GeForce2 ... but lengthy, cause these scripts are annoying.

Hopefully have it done in a few hours, but don't hold ya breaths

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:16
ya know i think i'm EXTREMELY tired... for some god unknown reason i just spent the last 3hours trying to enumerate the keyboard using types.
That'll teach me to code and play TSO at the same time

just got a little more to go before testing but i think its relatively good :: unconfident look ::
the shaders scripted use fvf so, i'm not sure how well this'll work - but i've scripted it using Vertex Shader 1.1 hopefully this covers the widest range of cards including GeForce4mx and hopefully even Radeons, but don't hold ya breath on that

probably sort out some sorta TPF when i get time after christmas for software rendering of shaders to add better support - really i dunno why i'm bothering cause its only once i started scripting again i relised how much easier the simple things are with bloody standard layer'd texture techniques

well bb in like an hour, should be just about done.

Dreamora
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 10:46
@Kango: GF4 MX is NO GF4!!!
Its only a faster version of GF2 with a new mainprozessor but it does not support Shaders or anything else of DirectX8!

so you only can run vertexshaders ... which is extremly slow because it has to be transfered from grafics card to proz and back severel times

n3t3r453r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2002 13:48
@Dreamflower: Really? I have GeForce4 MX 460 (MS-8886) and I have no problem with it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2002 00:28
GeForce4 Mx 420,440,460 all have different Caps ...
the 420 is similar to the GeForce2 Mx 200 as it has reduced abilities, and i'm still unsure why.

Ho well nm ... finished all my code just to spend the last 2hours debugging - not much joy i can tell you.
Finally figured that i've been using the Structures/Types wrong in thier declaration ... ho hom there are quite a few so this might take a while.

btw if anyone is interesting in what i'm doing its the Dolphin Vertex Shader demo - however with my own spice.
The shaders were playing up a bit earlier, cause DBpro didn't like the tweening as i used a TFP to force DX to use Software mode
Might release that too, but for speed reasons - not likely.

Check back later, i hope i can finish this damn thing - if not i'll hand it to Puffy, not sure when the heck you'll get it with him on the job but worth handing it to someone

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2002 05:19
ooh oh oh Shaders??
Erm well no, i keep running into problems similar to my camera code - not sure what is wrong with DB pro but it seems to want not to recognise ALOT of type-structures, and is begining to bug me.

anyways here's a basic shader you can save from notepad into whatever format but it'll be read as a shader.

what this shader will do is take a floor (can work with objects as well but not as good) and put an underwater appearance on it ... i might make a full one viable with outdoor for clouds or something.

but i'll try perhaps to get the demo working cause it is annoying that it doesn't, always error #10086 or soemthing

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:31:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:31:04