Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Advanced Landscape Editor (A.L.E) for DB & DBPro is here...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS (As of v1.2 - Released 06/22/04) :

Terraform huge landscapes in REAL-TIME with WYSIWYG results.

Use up to 6 individual textures to directly paint your landscape with no loss of quality or speed and automatic blending.

Export worlds in DirectX .x format for use in your 3D engine. Tested with Quest3D, 3D Game Studio, Dark Basic Pro, Blitz3D, Ultimate Unwrap and should work in any 3D engine capable of loading/importing standard .x files!

Export worlds to .b3d format. These can be automatically 'sliced' into 4 zones to aid with custom culling routines.

Automatic optimization usually reduces polycount by about 50% (even better for .x) on exported models!

Set the suns position, then lightmap the entire landscape within seconds.

Use vertex colors to add even more variation to your creation. Add virtually limitless variation to your textures in realtime with no performance overhead.

Intuitive & productive interface - Click a point on the landscape to see it transform instantly.

AutoSmooth tool - automatically refine your work!

Import / export heightmaps compatible with most other 3D (& CAD) software including 3D Game Studio, 3DS Max, Lightwave, Terragen, Blitz, etc...

Placement of 'Props' (such as trees, buildings, waypoints) on the landscape

Full world editor functionality (Load, position, scale, name, set to ground, rotate, clone, delete)

Place multiple objects in seconds using a 'PlaceMap'

Props can cast shadows on to the landscape.

Export 'prop' setup file (simple ASCII text file containing all required data in plain English - loader function for Blitz included). This allows you to access ALL settings made within ALE including fog/CameraRange/player height etc. from within your own engine.

Export options :
No Lightmap (strips lightmap from landscape. Useful if you are using an external lightmapper)
Copy All Media (Creates a directory with the same name as your landscape and copys all required models/textures to it)
Do Not Optimize (If you just want to preview your landscape quickly the optimize phase can be skipped)

Make Self Tileable (Use a landscape as a repeating 'tile' - edges match seamlessly)

Edge To Zero (Any landscape with this function applied will seamlessly tile with itself or any other)

Hide Lightmap (So you can see dark areas when painting)

Roam the scene 'on foot' or in free-flight mode

Free demo available at http://www.dyvision.co.uk. Demo includes samples of exported landscapes that you can try out in whatever engine/program you use BEFORE you purchase.

Huge thanks to everybody who has supported A.L.E so far

www.dyvision.co.uk
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2004 17:09
huh, looking nice .. i try

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.

☺☺ AthlonXP 2500+, Ati Radeon 9600 128MB, dualDDR 512MB 400Mhz CL3.0, SB LIVE!, monitor 19" ☺☺
Developer Without Name
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 00:11 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2004 02:50
Why can't i download it free
or make a 30-day trial.
aks74u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2004 17:21
are you suppliing textures too?

mulletman47@aol.com
FXTC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2004 07:48
nice job
Plastico
Years of Service
User Offline
wow
DB david Berry
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2004 01:22
damn...ill definitly use this with my games. its really compatible with dbpro too. nice, nice job
John Y
Synergy Editor Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2004 07:20
Very nice indeed, but when I load the example .X object in pro it is all blury If someone tells me how to fix it I'll definately be purchasing this

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 16:30:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 16:30:52