Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / Fix for falling through BSPs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I used to have a problem with DBPro where when moving through through the BSP if I would try to climb stairs, sometimes I would fall through the BSP (especially if going up at an angle or if I hit a wall on the way up).
To fix this problem I added the command:

set bsp camera collision radius 1,0,2,2,2

and this allowed me to move smoothly up and down stairs. It seems that if the camera collision radius was not set, it would have trouble climbing the stairs, by setting it to be bigger (it may not need to be set as large as 2,2,2), it was better able to handle the BSP collision adjustments. I noticed that I got stuck on a stair once or twice since then, so this may not be a perfect fix, but it has solved the falling through problem.

Farwalk
Vulcan Omega
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2002 18:42
Thanks for that quick fix, however I did have to change the values to something smaller, so I didn't get stuck on stairs. However a very good fix, and thanks again as this solves my problems.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 02:09:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 02:09:34